AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones. The sound is alright, but below a certain volume I get no sound at all. Sometimes that cutoff volume is still a bit too loud for me, eg. if I am going to sleep or whatever. Ie. I can only turn them down so low, then they cut off completely.

Just wondering the reason for that and if there is a way to change it.

Hope this is the right forum for this question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're just plugged into my late 90's vintage Sony bookshelf stereo system.

Yeah I will try another inline volume control, had some with my last set of noise canceling headphones, I seem to recall having the same issue though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdocxx /forum/post/19548674

They're just plugged into my late 90's vintage Sony bookshelf stereo system.

Yeah I will try another inline volume control, had some with my last set of noise canceling headphones, I seem to recall having the same issue though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

My thinking is that if your bookshelf system is too loud at the quietest volume level that you should be able to make it even quieter with the inline volume control. The bookshelf system is likely responsible for the too-loud-even-at-lowest-volume issue, not the headphones. Adding the inline volume control should allow you to reduce the level, even when the bookshelf system is set to the lowest level. Try it and see if it works. I would be interested to hear the results.

-Max

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
It might be your old volume control potentiometer. Spray a little contact cleaner in there. I bet that would solve your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts