AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. This slapped me upside the the head.

9:30. INHD2. Original HIGHLANDER. No idea which cut. I just know I am recording with both decks.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
Since the date of Matt's post is clearly shown, his post seemed plenty clear enough to me. By the way, thanks for the heads up, I am recording it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for the heads up here too.

Wow! I'm actually disappointed that INHD2 is being bumped for the Red Sox tonight. (they "bump" INHD2 for NESN-HD when there's a game on) That's okay...Highlander on again on Sat. 8/27 at 5:00am according to my cable guide. RECORD.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Thanks for the headsup.

This is actually the only Highlander film/show I've never seen.

DVR'ing it right now...

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark
Thanks for the headsup.

This is actually the only Highlander film/show I've never seen.
It's probably better that way.:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
"There can be only one." Never has a movie's tag line been more blatantly ignored.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkurlanski
"There can be only one." Never has a movie's tag line been more blatantly ignored.
How true. I mutter that to myself on a occasion.

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT
How true. I mutter that to myself on a occasion.
Yep. They managed to expand a movie that made no sense into a whole series of movies and TV shows that also make no sense..

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
It has been a long time since I have seen the Highlander movie (pretty much avoided the sequels and TV show), but if I recall the plot/premise correctly, would shouldn't the title of this thread start with "Heads Off" rather than "Heads Up"?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The movie makes perfect sense, DaveFi.

What's odd is INHD showed the U.S. theatrical cut, but with a DD5.1 remix that sounds almost exactly like the mix for the Director's cut, only minus the annoying added sound effects fans despise so much.

Could that INHD2 logo be any more obvious? Why don't they just stick it in the middle of the screen?!

The transfer was very good, from the 20 minutes I saw (I recorded it and went to bed).

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
I gather that the "Highlander" sequels and TV show were pretty awful but IMDb voters have given the 1986 original a 7.2 ranking, which is quite good. I haven't watched my recording of it yet, so I can't offer a personal opinion.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091203/...c=1;ft=28;fm=1

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat
Since the date of Matt's post is clearly shown, his post seemed plenty clear enough to me.
Really. Please show me where the date of the thread creation shows up in the thread title page. It doesn't. Someone seeing this thread for the first time today will think it's an event occurring tonight instead of a previous night. How many times do we have to go through this?

If someone creates a thread about a specific upcoming event, he should be courteous enough to give an absolute date, not a relative date, in the thread title. How friggin' hard is that to do?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excuse me all to heaven, Mr. High & Mighty.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat
I gather that the "Highlander" sequels and TV show were pretty awful
Actually, once the TV show got going in the middle of its first season, it was quite good. More character and less action-oriented than the movie, but very good, especially for a syndicated series from the 90's. A lot of the actors who guest starred on that show are now pretty well-known faces.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G
Really. Please show me where the date of the thread creation shows up in the thread title page. It doesn't. Someone seeing this thread for the first time today will think it's an event occurring tonight instead of a previous night. How many times do we have to go through this?

If someone creates a thread about a specific upcoming event, he should be courteous enough to give an absolute date, not a relative date, in the thread title. How friggin' hard is that to do?
Yeah I thought it was for tonight :D

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G

im not trying to push buttons here, but this is absolutely correct.

I come back today and it still says "tonight" with absolutely no description of when "tonight" is unless you click the thread.

I notice it was never edited... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens
So you took the time to write this, but can't be bothered to edit the title with a date?

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens
You really surprise me with that response. I thought I knew you better. It's not a question of being high and mighty. It's simple common sense and courtesy that you are very capable of, aren't you. Instead of being defensive, take it as the constructive criticism it was intended to be. Unless that's not something you're capable of.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've had a few of my titles edited by mods, including over this type of thing...a mod just needs to step up and fix it so this doesnt drag out anymore and ppls' feeling arent hurt over something so minor.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.