AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Netgear has gone USB. I can't find a wireless bridge with an ethernet port. Linksys, here I come! What is much worse is that Netgear has moved their tech support to India 24/7. I have been trying to straighten out an RMA problem . The communications have been worse than with Klingons; & sometimes not as friendly.

BTW: PowerLine (electrical outlet) wireless tends to be wonky with anything vaguely Unix/Linux like Replay, Imerge. etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased an ethernet bridge from D-Link, the DWL-810+. This bridge has performed to my expectations, but you might want to do the usual internet searches to read the experiences of others. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm using a GigaFast homeplug powerline networking box to connect my 5040 to my NetGear wireless router. Works ok for getting guide data but is pretty slow for downloading shows using dvArchive. Not bad for free after rebate stuff.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Depends what your doing. I have a Linksys router and a Linksys notebook card. The signal in my house was average at best and didn't work in 30% of the house. I tried everything for 3 months and just accepted it was perhaps the building strucutre.

By chance, I obtained a Netgear Wireless notebook card and I suddenly went to 60-100% everywhere in the house. The proved the Linksys router was broadcasting the signal and was just the Linksys card that wasn't recieving it!!!

Just goes to show, different peices of the puzzle can create different problems.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I got similar results with a 3Com XJack PC Card, Range doubled. The Linksys PC Cards are poor radios.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Netgear DOES have access points with Ethernet

MA102 802.11b usb for config,

WG602 802.11a/g (draft)

HE102 802.11a

I have the MA102 and it works very well. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.