AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local Blockbuster Video store today, and asked if they were still giving away movie posters.

The clerk told me they had "gotten rid" of their backlit

movie frames. I asked where they were, and he said:

IN THE TRASH!!!

ARE THEY STILL IN THE DUMPSTER?

- I eagerly asked

No, um, that was a while back.

DAMN!!!!

These were really nice ones too. Probably cost a lot of money!

Anyway, just a heads up. This may be storewide decision. If you have a local Blockbuster nearby, see if they still have theirs on display, and if they do, make sure you tell the manager you'll buy him a really nice lunch if he'll call you when he's ready to throw his out.

(I just made a couple of them pretty cheaply by the way. If anyone's interested, see my theater link below)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I actually got one of those... it needs a little work to make new again. I'm not gonna use it..and I'm certainly not going to try and ebay then box it up and sell it. If anyone is willing to haul it away.. first come first serve.. I live in the Twin Cities area if interested. Just send me a pm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
mbluhm,

You've got mail.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Unfortunately before I got into home theatre, the company that I work for did renovations in about 30 stores in Canada, we threw out a pile of these as part of the new store look. DOH!

The good news is that I have a meeting with them tomorrow about renovating 60 more stores this year. Is there much interest in these? If so, I might be able to salvage them (I do not yet know the scope of the work, so they may not even be involved). If they are coming down what would be the going rate? I am not looking to make a living off of them, but obviously taking them down shipping them to our warehouse and inventoring them does have a cost.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.