Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the guys.

Sultan of BS or whatever he is called now and QQQ have come over there and tried to convince people that there has been some progress in digital since the first LCD PJs.

Of course I dismissed it as BS.

I know you guys are over here cause you and non of your friends have enough muscle to hoist a real PJ (CRT)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Energeezer is obviously eager to jump ship, but he has to maintain his "tough CRT guy" façade in case any other tube freaks are keeping tabs on this thread :D

It's ok, bud. You can come out of the CRT closet ;)

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
You know what they say, the ones that complain the loudest about us digitals are probably closet digitals themselves.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
madmilkman

the propose of this thread is to have

our quarterly tech discussion

scottyb

yes it is Saturday night

and iam cutting into my drinking

to come here i hope you digital guys

appreciate it

now we have a lot discus

contrast range

screen size

weight of projectors

the real ansi of digital projectors

AMONG MANY THINGS

XANATOS

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
This discussion just took place. It was prompted by a member who had a fully tweaked, calibrated Vision One (which I'm sure was a thing to behold) that was nuked by lightning and temporarily replaced with a Marantz VP12. He decided to keep the digital PJ.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...13#post2592313

Is there a need to do this again?

:)

DM

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Dan, unfortunately, it probably will. reminds me of 2 fans of different NFL teams going head to head as to which is better (even though neither one made it to the playoffs).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys

This thread was indeed a joke. It was prompted by the following. See links.

Actually if you know me you will understand that I have nothing against digital or any of the Digital guys.

I feel it is time to clear my name since this thread makes me look like some kind of uneducated, musclehead, mad cow infected moron. LOL

See links please AND MAKE SURE YOU CLICK QQQS LINK.-----ITS ALL ABOUT HAVIN FUN

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=301603

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
These comparisons are really becoming sort of meaningless to me. After living with both for so long, I've learned that CRT projectors and pixel projectors are actually more different than they are alike. So it's like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, they both make a video picture. But that's about the only thing they have in common. How each makes the picture and the resulting picture each makes is just very different to someone who sees as much of both as I do. One excels in ways the other doesn't. And vice versa.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
For whatever it's worth:

CRT projectors ALWAYS just suck me into the film.. every time.

Digital Projectors ALWAYS leave me fighting to get into the film. They keep ****ing up and dumping me out.

As for the PJ's I'm using, I think they are above suspicion as to their image fidelity; that part of any argument made toward my statement should be colored in as invalid. Unless you work for the research branch of a given projector company, you are very much unlikely to be using anything that looks this good, in either CRT or Digital Projection.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.