AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow. These are probably on a par with any speaker I have heard out there. With the exception of the B&W 800 series but that's a whole different league as far as price goes. Have any of you directly compared these to the rocket 850's? I stopped in Longmont CO at their facility and got to hear these and the LS6s but had to get back on the road so did not get to compare them.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
They are great speakers for the money and sound great in my HT for both music and theater. I prefer em to the rockets.... I can think of speakers I like more but not for less than $1k..... Definetely need to be paired with a subwoofer but they sounded great paired with an MFW-15 and also with my epik tower....

The rockets are more forward in the treble than the X-statiks. The vifa tweeter is different on the rockets. some prefer it. I prefer the sound of the x-statiks. The mids are warmer on the X-statik than the Rocket. Both have adequate midbass. The rockets being a bit tighter. The X-statik seems to be a little warmer here... Its all what you like.... I do love the astetics on the x-statics but they are still no match visually for the rosewood and piano laquer.

Sean

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Yes the rosewood of the 850s is incredible looking. But I am leaning toward the X-statics for the sound and I have a little girl and these seem less top heavy plus have the metal grills that are not going to be as easy to remove(read rip off) for her.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the statiks with an MFW in my family/HT room, and in HT is where they shine. Compared to Paradigm monitor line and Totem speakers I have they are more voiced in the midband and are softer in the treble. This makes the dialog and effects on movies more clear without being sharp. They paint a big wall of sound but need the space to do so on their sides, they dont like confinement or narrow rooms. The bass is punchy but does not extend much as its a sealed design, I think they will sound better with a smaller sub than the MFW for music but for HT bigger is always better. Overall I'm happy with them..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.