AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while confirming that i would want the B&W 601S3/LCF 60S3/plus sub for my HT system, the salesman suggested strongly that i listen to the Mirage Omnisats with its sub. the demo situation is far from ideal, i went back with a couple of music cds one day later, and today, i'm actually more confused. these mirages, under this particular demo situation that is far from ideal, actually sounded surprisingly good.

these mirages are far smaller, more discreet in appearance than my original 601S3/LCF 60S3 idea, and, for HT purposed, i'm not sure they are any worse, in fact, they may even be better. i'm a traditional 2 ch audiophile, but this is worth hearing as a HT setup.

may i please see if anyone else have knowledge/opinions about these? these have confused me rather than confirm that i should get the B&W 601S3/LCF 60S3/plus sub!

my direct email is: [email protected]

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recently purchased an omnisat system (omnisats and two LF100's as they were out of 150's). I have found it is very important to play with the location of the subs--move them relative to the left and right channel omnisats for quite different sound spectrum results. I like the set, but was a little disappointed with the "boomy" quality of the subs and have had to do a lot of adjustment to get an acceptable sound. After adjustements (and I have not followed their recommendation on hookup and am using the subs controls to fine tune the sound--not letting my Denon 4802 do the management). The result now is excellent for film, fantastic sound stage, and above average for music but for me (and this is very subjective) not ideal "depth"/ a bit of a flat sound field.

Overall, at the price, and with the excellent options for placement, aesthetically pleasing style, I am very happy with the purchase. When I win the lottery, I'll set up a second room with B&W monitors for music only listening!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.