AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received email from Amazon re: Heat Blu-ray. When I zoomed in on the back of the case it says, "New content supervised by Michael Mann". What exactly does this mean? I hope he didn't replace scenes. That would be horrible.

·
Registered
28,703 Posts
Several years back, Mann edited a 4-hour cut of the film intended for broadcast as a 2-part miniseries on NBC. Prior to airing, the network changed their mind and decided to condence the movie into a single 3-hour timeslot.

Given that the original version of the movie already ran 3-hours without commercials, that meant they they chopped about 45 minutes out of the theatrical cut.

Mann was livid and had his name removed from the credits. It aired with an "Allan Smithee" credit.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyW /forum/post/16974025

Received email from Amazon re: Heat Blu-ray. When I zoomed in on the back of the case it says, "New content supervised by Michael Mann". What exactly does this mean? I hope he didn't replace scenes. That would be horrible.

We have a large thread on this title. Please post all questions and comments in the existing thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=heat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.