AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just installed my Yamaha RX-V1 in a rack. I'm concerned about it overheating. How can I determine if the unit is receiving proper ventilation? The rack is pretty much full so I don't have a lot of slack space. Currently there is only an inch of so of space above the unit. Are there any rules of thumb to follow here or is there some way I can monitor the temp with a gauge etc? If so how warm is acceptable?

·
Registered
96 Posts
As far as probes, I bought a really neat meat probe at Price Costco. Battery operated, digital, 2 parts one is a fork that has the temp right on it (no too useful in this case) the other is a remote unit with a probe to leave in the meat (like for a roast or turkey) and it sends a signal to a remote unit with the display for the temp. The temps display go from room temp up to 180 or 200 or so. You can also set the unit to beep when it reaches a preset temp. And the added benefit, when you are not BBQing you can monitor you HT!!!

John

San Jose, Ca

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased a digital thermometer and placed the sensor probe directly on top of the RX-V1 unit. I getting temperatures around 98 degrees F. How hot is considered hot? What are the acceptable ranges?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.