AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, in our 90+ heat at mid day, I have been losing HDNET. A trip up the ladder onto the black asphalt garage roof, a bit of torque of the mounting pole to the West and all is well. Don't even have to loosen a bolt. Everything is fastened down and tightened.

I think this is all due to heat warping the garage roof, and I can understand that, but it seems as though there is only maybe one degree or less of tolerance in the compass setting.

That is a surprisingly small tolerance and if this is typical it would seem to me that a lot of people would be losing their signal for various small reasons.

This is for a 3-lnb dish installed by Directv. Do you think my system is abnormally sensitive?

Thanks, Carl

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by carlgo
I think this is all due to heat warping the garage roof, and I can understand that, but it seems as though there is only maybe one degree or less of tolerance in the compass setting.

That is a surprisingly small tolerance and if this is typical it would seem to me that a lot of people would be losing their signal for various small reasons.

This is for a 3-lnb dish installed by Directv. Do you think my system is abnormally sensitive?
Ku signals have an extremely narrow beamwidth. And as another poster has pointed out, satellites that broadcast on the same frequency are often placed 2 degrees apart. The tolerance for a parabolic satellite dish (which is what you have) is very low for Ku-Band. The aim must be very precise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.