AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source:

http://www.diggingtheweb.com/52707800.html

Ninja Theory, the talented team behind the upcoming Heavenly Sword, has spilled a few beans about the development process and the PSN demo. Dean Calver, lead programmer at Ninja Theory, said that the team is still on track on the beta and they are not derailed from the game because of the demo. So who's working on the demo you ask? Dean explained that they are borrowing a small team from Sony Cambridge to work on the PSN demo while the rest of the Ninja Theory team continues to work on the beta.

The team is currently fixing bugs and balancing the game, because the game itself much like Lair, is basically finished as he mentioned back in Sony Gamer's Day.

You may have noticed that Motorstorm have some nasty load times (at least the Japanese version does), so how is Ninja Theory taking care of the loading issue for Heavenly Sword?

"Essentially our basic load structure, is that at the beginning of each chapter we have a introductory cut scene, while that's happening we are also caching data from Blu-ray to hard disk. This way when we actually are streaming while you play we can use both sources at the same time."

When asked about how many percent of the Cell the team is squeezing, Dean Calver explained from a technical stand point that, "You only really have to know stats like this when your bottlenecked and we aren't by the SPUs at all so"

So there you have it guys, buckle up for the Goddess of War coming this holiday season!

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
I can't wait, this should hold me over till GoW3, I'm almost afraid to see how amazing that's gonna be on the PS3 lol. Does anyone know of any previous projects this team has worked on? Ya know as like a reference for what to expect from them.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkchurch /forum/post/0

I can't wait, this should hold me over till GoW3, I'm almost afraid to see how amazing that's gonna be on the PS3 lol. Does anyone know of any previous projects this team has worked on? Ya know as like a reference for what to expect from them.

They did Kung Fu Chaos for the original Xbox.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch /forum/post/0

"You only really have to know stats like this when your bottlenecked and we aren't by the SPUs at all so"

So...since they're not even remotely bottlenecked, that means the game will be in 1080p, right...? And 60fps?

- Jer

·
Registered
3,664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines /forum/post/0

So...since they're not even remotely bottlenecked, that means the game will be in 1080p, right...? And 60fps?

- Jer

ugh... just because the SPU's aren't whats bottleknecking the game doesn't mean they could have ran the game at 1080p/60fps. what he really meant was that Cell will not be fully utilized for a very long time, and until it does, its pointless to ask questions like "how much percent of Cell did you utilize?". most new consoles (especially PlayStation consoles) have a learning curve and as the system matures, developers will always get more out of the system.

NT is trying to make HS the best they can in the limited time frame and with the limited experience with the hardware. they've even said that they know they can get more out of the ps3 later on (ie, in future projects) as every developer will.

also, a console is only as good as the developer. you could have a game that looks and runs like crap, but uses "50% of Cell" if it is poorly optimized. really, the question of "how much of the ps3's power did you use" is a stupid and pointless question that usually only game sites ask (ie, GS, IGN, 1Up).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.