AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the demo in the xboxlive arcade and I must say it is tons of fun. The play is just like old-school space invaders but with real nice graphics and lots of power-ups. It is pretty difficult so it doesnt get too boring too quick.

I recommend you go download it...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Best 10 bucks spent thusfar on XBL! I'm hooked on this game
Been playin it more than some of my $60 titles

·
Registered
707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorScope /forum/post/0

I like it. Reminds me of a real old 2600 game called Air-Sea Battle.

Well, looks like I'll have to give this Heavy Weapon a look, then. I used to rip it up against my older brother on Air-Sea Battle. That was the only Atari game I could ever beat him on...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The demo is nice, but 4 players via live at 12+ minutes in War Party is INSANE !

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Its the ideal arcade game. Not too deep, just need to work on those rusty reflexes. I finshed it and had a great time doing it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Okay, so I downloaded the trial. Fun? Sure, for about ten minutes. Does it remind me of the Atari 2600 game Air Sea Battle? Not at all. I guess I'll take a look at Assault Heroes. Hopefully it has some substance...

What pisses me off is the wii virtual console has Super Mario World or Mario 64 for only $8, and all we get (with a more robust game system) are crappy online-style games for $10. Face it, there's nothing on the xbla that you can't play for free on a couple hundred online flash game websites.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
G-Bull no reason to be pissed. Go get a Wii. For me personally I didn't care about any game on VC when it first came out so I definately don't have an interest now but that is me. Why I do like the 360 arcade games is what DaverJ mentioned but also you get updated graphics and more professionally done efforts then said flash games.

Why it remineded me of Air-Sea is because you have things on the top of the screen flying by horizontally and you are on the bottom shooting up. I could have sworn that is exactly what Air-Sea Battle was, maybe I'm confussing the game. What didn't remind me was the superior gfx of HW compared to Air-Sea Battle.

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_p...twareLabelID=4

In the end I hope your ok with the download it was free and takes a few minutes to try out. I find the trials a no-brainer to always try, why not?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.