AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit curious, I sent off a message this morning to my cable service provider containing a minor lie. It essentially stated that I'd just invested in an HDTV (the lie :)) and was wondering whether TWC was going to offer any HD carriage in the near future, or whether I should toss my cable service and buy a dish. This is the reply that I got:
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our services. The overall presentation of HDTV on cable has not been established; that is, whether all the HDTV programming will be available only on Digital or Analog. The results and recommendations of the testing, would yield the parameters for HDTV service, including equipment requirements. You as a subscriber would be apprised of requirements for the service. Please keep in mind, testing has not yet been concluded. We will keep you posted about this issue through our monthly release, MESSAGES, and with your monthly statements. We appreciate your patience.

Bill Blakey, Customer Information Desk
http://www.timewarnersandiego.com/
http://discoversandiego.com/

858 695 3220 MON-SUN:8AM-8PM (Phone Lines)
Difficult to gauge how imminent HDTV on San Diego TWC might be from this statement, but it does sound as if they're working on it. For what it's worth ...

-- Mike Scott

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've gotten this nonsense from them before...I called in the spring and then later in the summer. Both time I got basically the same response. I one point I was told that "testing" will begin in the fall of this year. I don't think that TWC San Diego will be rolling out HDTV anytime soon :-( oh well... With all the large locals OTA and now KPBS it's not to bad for those who can get the OTA signal. If I could get HBO-HD that'd be great but I can live without it.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad to hear that they've been hedging since at least the early part of this year. However, if TWC can deliver HD to Bakersfield, forgodsakes, you'd think that they could deliver it here.

Oh well, I won't hold my breath.

-- Mike Scott

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by michaeltscott
Sad to hear that they've been hedging since at least the early part of this year. However, if TWC can deliver HD to Bakersfield, forgodsakes, you'd think that they could deliver it here.

Oh well, I won't hold my breath.

-- Mike Scott
I believe if memory serves that in another forum a TW insider mentioned that they would probably be rolling out HD service in most locations early in 2002. I wouldn't loose hope at all on this, my impression was that it was coming, and that some beta testing of the service will be/is going on in SD.

You should pity us poor folks in SD serviced by Cox Communications who have no interest at all in providing a HD service.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.