Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

I am building a new house, and I am in the process of installing my inwall speakers. I wanted to get some feedback on what height I should mount the 42" Panny I plan to buy, and speaker placement.

Sitting area is about 10 feet away, what is the recommend height for a 42" plasma ?

I was at the house today, and it seems the top of the tv should be about 5 feet from the floor, is that about right ?

And I planned to mount my inwall Triads so the top of the TV and the top of the speakers were level across. Any feedback on this ?

And one last question.

On my Inwall Triad center speaker. Should it go above or below the plasma ?

Thanks advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You should plan on looking straight into the center of the screen. So if you are eight feet tall you may want to mount it higher than if you are 4 feet tall. If you are 8 feet tall and your spouse is 4 feet tall either you watch laying down or your spouse uses a high chair :)

I think that the bigger issue on the speaker is asthetics. I doubt that you would here the difference. Seems more standard to be above.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tape together a 40" by 24" piece of newspaper. Tape it on the wall with the middle at 35". Sit on your coach and take a look (I prefer to look down slightly). Adjust until you're comfortable...

I'm also installing a 2*2 socket just left of center at the bottom of my future plasma. One socket is switched by a wall switch and will power a rope light that encircles the screen for back lighting. The other socket will power the plasma itself. If I measure well no power cords will show :).

My big headache is finding audiophile bookshelf speakers that mount on the wall (tweeters at ear level or about 44"). Until I decide on speakers I can't decide on speaker shelf or bracket placement.

NHT SB-3's gave me an ear ache from shrill tweeters. B&W 602's sound good but have boomy bass. The bookshelf speakers at Ultimate Electronics all sound crappy. One would think that an expensive bookshelf/sub setup could rival towers (which I don't have floor space for) but the search continues...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Brian
Tape together a 40" by 24" piece of newspaper. Tape it on the wall with the middle at 35". Sit on your coach and take a look (I prefer to look down slightly). Adjust until you're comfortable...
House is new house under construction, so there is no couch to sit on and try out :(

Guess I can do it here, but I was looking for height others use for a guide...

Anyone else have height recomendations ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Brian

I'm also installing a 2*2 socket just left of center at the bottom of my future plasma. One socket is switched by a wall switch and will power a rope light that encircles the screen for back lighting. The other socket will power the plasma itself. If I measure well no power cords will show :).

Same here, no wires will show at all, all wires are being run behind the plasma, to the room behind.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Center of screen =42"-45" from floor. Same as ideal tweeter height, but without perforated screen you have to fudge with center channel, For projection system D Erskine recommends above the screen before below, but with plasma I thing asthetics tend to convince people to go the other way.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.