AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How high should my back bar be if the seats in front of the bar have a back height of 44" sitting on a 12" riser? I'm thinking of making the bar 44" from bar top to the floor, and still use standard 30" bar stools. Will that be enough height to clear the row in front? My installer says that it's fine, but I just wanted to see what the collective thought here was. Does anyone have pictures of something that looks similar? Thanks!

David

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,172 Posts
is the bar on this 12 inch riser? or behind? if behind the chairs will be 44+12 or 56 inches. my eyes sitting on a bar stool are at 58 inches. I can't see this working unless the bar is on the riser.

Normal bar height is 42 inches.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
The height of the bar is irrelevant. It's the bar stool height that will determine if they can see the screen. The height of your screen will also factor in. So you may need to take a bar stool and sit on it in the back. Put something as tall as your main seats in there and draw a line will the screen will be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The height of the bar is irrelevant. It's the bar stool height that will determine if they can see the screen. The height of your screen will also factor in. So you may need to take a bar stool and sit on it in the back. Put something as tall as your main seats in there and draw a line will the screen will be.
I did a test with some barstools and chairs on my riser, and it looks like I can see over row in front, but anyone shorter than me will have a problem with their sightlines. So ... I'm thinking about making my bar height 46" and using 34" barstools. The extra 4" on the stool should solve all the sight line problems, I hope. I know that 42" bar is standard, but I've seen some bars go up to 46". Am I missing any unforeseen problems with that setup?

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts