AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting a shadow box built and I need to decide on the exact placement of the Stewart Firehawk 84" wide fixed screen. The room is 15 X 19 and I have a rear, ceiling dropped Yamaha projector. The ceiling has 2 furrdowns with heights of 8' 4" , 9' 4" , and the highest part of the ceiling is at 10' 4 ".

While it's clear that I need to center the screen in the 15' room width space, I'm unclear how you decide how high off the floor to place it. The room , at least initially, will only have 1 floor level, ( no step-up). I've seen screens in showrooms that vary from 33" to 36" off the floor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
General rule of thumb is place the screen so your eye level is one third the way up on the screen.

If eye level is 44" that would mean your screen should be about 31" up from the floor.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I highly recommend placing the screen so that eyelevel is 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen. My 96"x54" screen is 18" from the floor and is very easy to watch. Additionally, with a 9'6" ceiling, the light reflected on the ceiling has been reduced. The screen was previously at 29"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.