AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I hope this is not a duplicate entry, I have tried searching for the answer but cant find it.

I am having touble with setting the x5000 up wirelessly, it picks up the wireless network and says the signal strength is excellent but doesnt load any webpages or picks up the pc yet it will load the firmware updates from the net?!

Has any one come across this issue before, or am I only in this? I have to say that I am having some problems with the home network aswell, the PC wont pick up the laptop and vise-verser. This I think is having an impact but wouldnt effect the x5000 from picking the websites up, I've also tried google (via the URL button on the remote) and it failed with that.

I also cant seem to get the x5000 to stop auto playing the dvd when it firs comes on, I'll check the settings again (im sure there has to be an option to turn it off) but my other grip is the fact that I have to keep chaning the TV Mode to get a picture when I set the display up on the inital setup.

My equipment setup:

PC: Athlon XP 64, 4.2Ghz, 2x300Gb SATA, win xp pro, Wireless Linksys 802.11n PCI Card

Laptop: HP Pavilion zd8000, 100Gb HD, inbuilt 802.11g card

Router: Linksys 802.11n (Wireless-N ADSL2+ Gateway -WAG300N)

Samsung LCD 40" flatscreen

Please, please please help me...my brains killed over from trying and I just want it to work *starts breaking down and crying lol

Seriously though, any help would be greetly welcomed.

kind regards,

Shane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im over-whelmed by the responce for my issue...I would have thought someone would have had a silmar issue.

Well for anyone who wants to know I actually resolved the issue and it relates to the wireless router. There was an option enabled called AP isolator, this prevented any of the PCs on the network from seeing each other.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In the setup menu under dvd it has the option enable or disable auto play.

as for the network, it depends:

I use a Linksys WRT54G and connect wireless

Set up wireless connection under setup in wireless

Than under setup in LAN set up manual IP's

My main computer IP is 192.168.1.100

gave the Helios IP 192.168.1.100

all the others i gave 255.255.255.0

except for main gateway at the bottom which is 192.168.1.1

This is my case anyway, check your network settings with run>cmd>ipconfig

also make sure your software firewall allows the IP address you give to ur Helios

reboot and it should work

folder of ur computer should turn yellow on tv and ur in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.