·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Nice

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I just got myself a retirement present, an Optoma P1 faux K ust laser projector. I got it set up but still need to mess with some adjustments. I watched a little bit of Aqua Man 4K (don't judge) and I gotta say i'm impressed right out of the box. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.

Reactions: rhale64L7

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,443
How's the black levels and color contrast?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I just got myself a retirement present, an Optoma P1 faux K ust laser projector. I got it set up but still need to mess with some adjustments. I watched a little bit of Aqua Man 4K (don't judge) and I gotta say i'm impressed right out of the box. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.
Hey I like Aquaman. Lol And of course I cannot wait to see it first hand. My room is going to be totally changed and yours is too with the Sotm stack and now a new projector.

Reactions: g_bartman

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
How's the black levels and color contrast?
I'm not an authority on video displays but I am very pleased with the pq overall, black levels and color

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,446
This is from my Sim2 Mico 50

Reactions: g_bartman

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Nice! What screen material?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,448 (Edited)
Elite 1.1 gain 2.35 AR 103 dia.
There's a person on the forum selling the same screen that lives in columbus.
Greg, Can you post a screen shot from a reference shot movie, such as king kong or the fifth element?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,449
Just installed my Prismasonic lens........I need to do the adjustments, and finish up the trim work around the extension bracket, but for the most part I'm done.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow guys,

I go out of town last week and everyone buys new toys. Sheesh!

Congrats to all the new toy owners!

I had an issue with the Dayton DSP-LF bass equalizer I had correcting my low subwoofer frequencies. Our power went out over a week ago for about 10 seconds. Everything came back up and the router, dish boxes, etc. rebooted. The next day I went to listen to the music system to find that the little DSP-LF black box was not turning on. After fiddling around with the cycling power (unplugging & plugging back in), as well as a reset, I finally got it to power on with the system. However, it was not passing low frequencies to the sub. I tried to run a test sweep with it but no sound came out of the sub. So, after chatting with a PE tech this morning I am sending it back under warranty so they can send out a new unit. I am running the sub with a line straight from the preamp like before I used the DSP-LF. It works as usual, but I do miss some of the "magic" the black box added to the sound.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about that mishap Eddy. PE will get you all squared away. These GIK treatments are the bomb diggity. Hehe

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,452
AWESOME ROOM!!!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Well thank you very much.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That's some fancy stuff right there!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My photography skills arent the best but this will give you an idea. Blacks, dark scenes and color vibrance are much better than the 33

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Looks good Greg

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looks great Greg. Is that projector a short throw design?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,458
Nice picture Greg

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,460
I'm not sure if you guys are interested, but I know a real good ISF calibrator that I'm looking into doing a group deal on calibration. He lives in Ohio, so there would be a good deal for him on expenses. Please PM me if you're interested.

2441 - 2460 of 2468 Posts