AVS Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Well finally got the shorter DC snakes. Have my mono amps hooked back up. Nothing like it I tell ya. Much louder at the same volume level also. It's amazing the difference in detail. I am hoping the gain mismatch won't be a problem when I go to redo my Dirac calibration. We will see.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: g_bartman

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,462
very clean setup

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
very clean setup
Thank you. That's one thing I thought it wasn't. Need to make me two identical power cords much shorter than those. And get the Iso Acoustics spike boxes out from under the racks. First I need to put the spikes on the bottom of the footers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I recognize those little Cherries!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Yeppers that's them.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,466
The new kid on the HTR block........The mighty NAD Master Series M25 7 channel AMP

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
That's a nice looking amp.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,468
The sounds that it produce is awesome. I was watching a couple of movies that I know all to well, and all i can say is........I heard sounds that I never heard in ANY amp I've owned....bar none.

Reactions: Eddy_Z and geocab

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,469
R.I.P Eddie Van Halen..........Everybody Want Some and The Cradle Will Rock from The Women and Children First Album is what turned me on to Van Halen.........ROCK ON!

Reactions: Wazza-WestAus

·
Registered
444 Posts
So sad, a literal icon in the rock world! I just bought his recently released Frankie relic guitar last week.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wazza-WestAus

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,471
Changed up the Linn room a little with a Peachtree Decca65 and dusted off my Anthem BLX-200........Running it analog to soften up the Decca65. Will be adding a tube CD player sooner more than later, and a turntable shortly after that.

Reactions: rhale64L7

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Nice looking stuff guys. And yes so sad about Van Halen. One of my favorite rock bands of all time.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,473
Don't laugh, but if you do I'll laugh with you, but say hello to my little friend. ( Whafedale 6" subwoofer )

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Hey Tony, how do like that Peach Tree?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,475
Hey Tony, how do like that Peach Tree?
When I first played it I use my Anthem BLX-200 digital coax out and it was bright on the Linn's. So I switched over to analog, and it settled down, but still a little bright. However, I think this have to do with the player more than the Peachtree. That said, I think with the right speakers, and player it's a really salad integrated amp. Once I get my Denon DVD-5900 back from cleaning( Tuesday ) I'll have a better idea of what it sounds like with a more natural sounding player. Sorry I don't have more, but using a blu-ray player adds a tad brightness to my Linn's which gives me a little push back when reviewing, so I tend to not go into further listening until I get the weaker link removed. If I get a chance today I might check it out with my Lexicon RT-10.

Reactions: g_bartman

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I got my amp back after a 10 week absence, repair shop said parts were back ordered due to Covid. I hook it up and it's working fine but something sounded off. I usually have a rock solid center image but that was missing, imaging was just not there. I double checked all my connections and still no go. Just by chance I reversed the polarity of the speaker cables (bi wired) and bam, all is good again. The tech wired the binding posts out of phase. I was gonna make a call but I'm so glad to be up and running I'm just going to let it go.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice stuff guys!

Ron, I bet you have enough bass now with the twin water heaters! And those 6T's are probably singing with those Cherries!

Greg, that's crazy about the out of phase binding posts, but at least it wasn't a show stopper. If you don't mind my asking, which repair shop did you take it to?

Tony, I only giggled slightly at the wee sub, but I'm sure it's performance outweighs its size.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Greg I can't believe they did that.

Tony I didn't laugh at all. I bet it sounds fine or you wouldn't have it.

Yes it is really singing Eddy.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,479 (Edited)
Greg I can't believe they did that.

Tony I didn't laugh at all. I bet it sounds fine or you wouldn't have it.

Yes it is really singing Eddy.

Got the Denon DVD 5900 back in great health, and all I have to say is WOW!.......The Peachtree gives it the proper brightness and the bass management is spot on. Even my little friend loves it. LOL

On another note....do anyone know someone that would do a great paint job on my Runco Q750i case? I have a guy that want it, but he wants a black projector.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I'd rather not say who i used to fix the amp, I'm just relieved I figured it out. On a related note, My SOtM was down for a while but it's back up now that I finally got a new micro SD card properly loaded. I have to thank Ron for turning me on to this unit, it's truly unbelievable how much difference it makes streaming high rez files over a standard pc or even a Bluesound Node.

Reactions: rhale64L7
2461 - 2480 of 2482 Posts