21 - 40 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You know I am.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
So far there seems to be enough interest so If you don't mind let me know if you plan to attend or not. I'm thinking about getting started at 2:00.

I have a lot of different sources to demo, I am definitly open to suggestions if anyone has anything spacific they want to see or hear. It would be good to exchange ideas, let us know what your system consists of and if there is anything you want to improve upon. I will have refreshments, snacks and beer. We can get pizza if anyone wnnts to stick around for a while. Again, please let me know if to PLAN to attend. I wont hold you to it but want to have a good idea. alrighty then....

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I was just about ready to reply that I was able(and looking forward) to attend, But our swim team has their championship meet on the 14th. Maybe next time.

Jim

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm in. Just send me a PM if the time is close and you haven't heard from me.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I'm planning on it. I'm 3/4 of the way through a dedicated room build and would like to discuss some audio components selection (amongst other things) since I have none at present.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
wow...it's pretty sad to start a thread on a meet and don't have one. Sorry...however, i'm on board for one or coming to one. Let's pan the forum for other memebers to invite if it's alright with you guys. new setup listed below

1. pannny ae4000

2. isco IIIL anamorphic lens

3. sintra pvc DIY scope screen

4. sammy up5000 hd-dvd/blu-ray player

Bartman,

If you like I'm open to work with you on a meet agenda?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Bartman,

If you like I'm open to work with you on a meet agenda?

Shure. I guess I'm agendaless.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What about using some of the items on my original post. I would also be open to a CIH scope discussion also. Given the amount of 1080p projectors that's leaning towards that, it could be goog to put that on the agenda. Does anyone have any additional thoughts on an agenda?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm in as well. Thanks for getting this going.

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to Media Extending - talking about this and seeing it in action would be very helpful.

I would be very willing to host a subsequent event. Like tbase, I run a CIH system. Mine's a little different in that I use the Prismasonic A-lens and Carada's masking system. It would be great to see the differences in the choices we've made with our installs...

I'm in Bath, by the way, so not too far from Cleveland.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Cool! I will make tentative plans to attend. We are in the process of selling our home and house hunting, so if I have to bail last minute please understand. Keep me updated on the progress. PM with address, etc.

I have been patiently awaiting the day i can set up my boxed up gear again!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Good to see some local n.e.o members who want to gtg. It will be good to share thoughts and ideas. I think we will all bring a unique perspective since no two systems are alike. I have been a audio equipment fan since I bought my first component system when I was 13. I tend to focus more on the audio side of things. I know some guys are more videophiles. My "starter" pj is just a 720p optoma but it fits my needs. I honestly have no idea what a CIH scope is but would like to learn. Let me know if you intend to come and I will pm my address. I live off nobottom rd in Berea.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
But me down as a maybe at 2PM.

Grandson's indoor soccer schedule seems to be changed every week.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
If 3 or 4 pm would be better for most of you I'm not opposed to that

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/18185081

I tend to focus more on the audio side of things. I know some guys are more videophiles.

And I'd be very interested in your thoughts on improving the sound of our HT system, Greg. It would be good to hear yours, then host an event so you could hear ours.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think a 3pm start for the event would work for me, but we might have to vote on a time. I also think we should slot agenda items for members to lead. If this be so, I would be more then happy to lead the media extending agenda discussion. If this be so, let me know and I'll bring hand outs and disc with the required shareware for the event. Bartman....sorry to seem like I'm hijacking the meet, but you if anyone know how I am.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/18186356

If 3 or 4 pm would be better for most of you I'm not opposed to that

Audio setup would be great given your background with sound.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Seems like 3 o'clock is the happy medium, let's go with that.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 /forum/post/18193049

I think a 3pm start for the event would work for me, but we might have to vote on a time. I also think we should slot agenda items for members to lead. If this be so, I would be more then happy to lead the media extending agenda discussion. If this be so, let me know and I'll bring hand outs and disc with the required shareware for the event. Bartman....sorry to seem like I'm hijacking the meet, but you if anyone know how I am.

No problem Tony, just don't bring a box cutter
. Seriously, I'm sure we will all have some input. Pleas bring the handout and disc. I am able to share music thru my uverse system and I also have netflix thru a 360 if anyone is interested. I'm sure you have a lot more knowledge on ms than I do. Anyone else who has an agenda to the meet please chime in.

21 - 40 of 2482 Posts