AVS Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 2482 Posts

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I wish I had to room to sit that far I am around maybe 10 feet from 133 inches. Subs probably are my worse area in my room. That's why I need that REW expert :p

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
These new svs subs have 3 peq points. I think that it will come in handy. We will see.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I can barely turn my subs up So I don't even know why I am worried about it. But I would like the piece of mind knowing I have a nice smooth response.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I can barely turn my subs up So I don't even know why I am worried about it. But I would like the piece of mind knowing I have a nice smooth response.
Haha, same here. Even when the house is empty I have to move some "objet d'art" in the house so it doesn't fall over or off a shelf before I even think of turning up the boom boom. I was really disappointed in XT32's LFC feature. I had high hopes it would be a ground breaking xfer function that would null bass response outside of the listening room. Instead it just seems to attenuate bass response IN the same room. I'm still curious enough to go research HOW it's supposed to work in hopes that I'm not utilizing it correctly....maybe it needs two subs to work best???

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Honestly I took so many measurements with my xt32 Onkyo and now denon. Best results I have had so far is making sure the mic never left the horizontal playing field of my center channel.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Trying to get a room setup where the proper viewing distance and correct frequency response are achieved at one seat, never mind multiple seats is damn near impossible. I think you have to decide what's most important and compromising in some areas. My main object was to get the 2 channel sound right. I did re run Audyssey yesterday with all the subs settings set to neutral (phase, high/low pass filters, Frequency boost etc) I felt pretty good with the end results. I did increase the level of the subs a bit and the 50hz output of the rear subs 4db but other than that left it as is. Watched the latest Star Trek last night and it sounded "right" and did some stereo afterward, the 2 channel image was locked in. I may look into getting everything needed for REW, Jed showed me it's full potential. It is much more complex then I thought but it also reveals much more than I thought.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It's all that extra stuff that rew tells you that I need help with. It tells you so much. I have read and studied it But I burnt way to many brain cells when I was a younyster. I wish I would have listened to my elders. Lol

Reactions: azz7686

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
It's the things i would like to know as well. Just finding the time to learn Rew and do the testing is the extremely hard part
Jed made it look like child's play. I watched some youtube vids on it last night and and realized I'd be dumbfounded. I'm very pleased with my setup as is but sometimes I miss my simple system from 42 years ago!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Ignorance is bliss isn't it? If we had known back then what we know now.

I loved my system back then. But it wouldn't hold a candle to what I have achieved now.

The room and how everything is placed in it is really key. We had no idea.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anybody in this group have one of the new Pioneer Elite SC-LX... AVRs?

I think I have settled on a 5.1.2 set-up in my multiuse basement space and trying to decide if the D3 amps are worth the added expense or not.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Sorry Denon x5200 here.

By the ways if anyone here wants a Jvc Rs46 in mint condition with 3D emitter with less then 500 hours on original ball shoot me a pm. I would rather eat it to one of you guys at a Better price.

I got the 4K upgrade bug

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Sorry Denon x5200 here.

By the ways if anyone here wants a Jvc Rs46 in mint condition with 3D emitter with less then 500 hours on original ball shoot me a pm. I would rather eat it to one of you guys at a Better price.

I got the 4K upgrade bug
You too huh. I figured since you and I are hanging with the Oppo crowd.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
So I got the Rs400. Will begin to start the autocal later on it tonight. Once complete the Rs46 will be put up in classifieds. Would rather sell it local I have everything still including the box. Under 500 hours use on it and is in mint condition. So if anyone is looking for a projector upgrade or to get into it let me know I will get it to local guys cheaper !!

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Yes very nice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1141 - 1160 of 2482 Posts