AVS Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 2468 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just bought Battlefield 1 for PC & PS4. I found support for Atmos speakers in the audio settings.
So crazy to hear a Fokker or Sopwith Camel coming in for a strafing run with accurate audio steering.
Also, player voices and gunshots come from overhead when they are above me in a two story building.
I was left home alone today so I really cranked it up. Had to quit after 90 minutes, just too fatiguing!
Sadly, the PS4 version doesn't offer support for Atmos.

Reactions: azz7686

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just watched ep 331 of Home Theater Geeks https://twit.tv/shows/home-theater-geeks/episodes/331?autostart=false
where Scott interviews two guys from Luminit's Crystal Screen division. This looks like the next big innovation in screen technology. In short they can more accurately control the reflection of light from the screen material resulting in an oblate response. Less vertical diffraction and more horizontal, all at higher gains with no hot spotting through the use of a vapor deposited "pseudo random micro structures" layered over an almost mirror like substrate, then sprayed with a transparent protective coating. I hope it's not as pricey as it sounds, their R&D was paid for in another division that mfg's Fresnel type lens materials for lighting. At present they can only go 55 inches wide by 1000 feet long for a seamless piece & I need 59 inches of height. They mentioned they were at CES '17 and last years Cedia show, but I can't find much about it for a screen that's supposed to launch in January. Maybe no review models were sent out?? See http://www.crystalscreens.com/ and http://expo.cedia.net/why-attend/blog/blog-details/2016-new-product-launches/2016/07/26/crystal-screens for a little more info.
edit: found this youtube video via Linkedin:

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
So I'm thinking of going to DIY subs 18 inches. Does anyone know anybody that works at a body shop that paints?

I want the cabinets to be painted high gloss and custom .

·
Registered
443 Posts
...Does anyone know anybody that works at a body shop that paints?
Can't help there, but if anyone knows of a shop that does veneer work...?

·
Banned
66 Posts
Everyone must be enjoying their systems so much no one has time to post anymore!!

Ron, how are you liking your knew toys? Does the SVS sub knock your socks off?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm spending most of my time looking into acoustic movie poster panels http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/1316623-diy-custom-printed-movie-poster-acoustic-panels-cheap.html I didn't think I was going to have trouble picking out poster pics, but there was a lot more to choose from than I had anticipated. Sadly, my funding for theater seats was misappropriated for a new dining room set. I felt a made a pretty strong case regarding the theater seats COME WITH TRAYS THAT YOU CAN EAT ON. Management disagreed.

Reactions: rhale64L7

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Everyone must be enjoying their systems so much no one has time to post anymore!!

Ron, how are you liking your knew toys? Does the SVS sub knock your socks off?
I am liking them very much. The SVS sub is incredible. I moved it from my previous location to the left front corner. That paid huge dividends.

The two new ATI amps are sounding really good also. I wish I could take advantage of the extra four channels right now. I have a three channel for my front three. And an eight channel for all the others. The three channel is sitting on a 1.5" thick piece of granite with spikes under it.

I am waiting for the Emotiva RMC 1 to come out to take advantage of Atmos and DTSX along with possibly Auro3d. I guess I would need one more channel for Auro though.

I really want you guys to come over to see my system before it is outdated. But first it needs to be updated. Lol I need my overhead speakers going. So Emotiva needs to hurry up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Banned
66 Posts
I am liking them very much. The SVS sub is incredible. I moved it from my previous location to the left front corner. That paid huge dividends.

The two new ATI amps are sounding really good also. I wish I could take advantage of the extra four channels right now. I have a three channel for my front three. And an eight channel for all the others. The three channel is sitting on a 1.5" thick piece of granite with spikes under it.

I am waiting for the Emotiva RMC 1 to come out to take advantage of Atmos and DTSX along with possibly Auro3d. I guess I would need one more channel for Auro though.

I really want you guys to come over to see my system before it is outdated. But first it needs to be updated. Lol I need my overhead speakers going. So Emotiva needs to hurry up.

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to check it all out.

A coworker derailed my A/V thirst for the moment and got me started down the rabbit hole known as firearms. An AR-15 purchase and subsequent modifications have kept me busy since Election time!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I just got back from an 8 week work trip to northern Cal. So glad to be back home. I Got one of those hybrid tube amps that Monoprice sells for to use in an old console stereo I gutted. Sounds pretty darn good. Also got a record doctor to clean some old vinyl I've been getting into again. Nothing going on in the theater room, no upgradeitis at the moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,

I am a new member. Although I visit the forums daily to learn about A/V stuff. I am from the Akron area (Bath township). Hope to have more interactions with the local forum members.

Thanks!
Subho

BTW: what do you think of my user name ? :D

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
^^
Very appropriate username. Welcome! I think most of those who post in this forum are interested in home theater systems. I have one, but my main interest in classical music.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hi all,

I am a new member. Although I visit the forums daily to learn about A/V stuff. I am from the Akron area (Bath township). Hope to have more interactions with the local forum members.

Thanks!
Subho

BTW: what do you think of my user name ? :D
Our group was more active some years back but not much activity for the last few years.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I just ordered a pair of Musical Fidelity mono blocks to compare to my Mcintosh. I have a friend bringing over a Krell, I also have Rotel on hand. I may be doing a mini amp shootout within the next few weeks to a month. I'd like to also compare a Emotiva if anyone has one and is willing to schlep it over to my house. Or even if you don't and just want to stop by thats okay. I'll update when I have a date and time. It doesn't have to be an Emotiva, a good quality amp would do, preferably something with XLR inputs.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I can bring my ATI class D

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Ok sounds great. I will bring my 3 channel. My 8 channel is in my rack. I have a secret to share about both of them for anyone interested.

1161 - 1180 of 2468 Posts