·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Lol. Don't do the laptop

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I will explain later. Do the streamer. You will be amazed.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I will explain later. Do the streamer. You will be amazed.

Ok, you are definitely going to need to explain how to set this up. I took a quick look at the device you said you are using but not in-depth. I currently stream Tidal Hi-Fi & Apple Music from my iPhone digitally to my Marantz AVR's DACs and it can sound pretty darn good.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It may soon be time again to spend money on the audio side of things now that my firearm distraction has settled down and my car will be paid off in a few months. We just ordered some new theater seating for our living room to better serve our usual TV viewing activity there, and will have that in place this Saturday.

Ron H. has me thinking of some sort of media streaming device or maybe a cheap laptop I can convert to such a device.
What seats did you end up with? I keep waffling.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Ok I need to have you guys and gals over. My system is really unbelievable right now. I am trying to wait for the RMC1 but it seems that won't probably be until fall.

We are working so much lately it is hard to find time. My problem is setting apart a few hours to do this. And also my beautiful wife doesn't like any alcohol at all in the house why the kids are still living here. I guess I have to understand after her last marriage. I barely ever drink but I don't mind if others were to BYOB. So their is a difference of opinion. And also my room is still not totally done. It is pretty close though.

But I really do want you guys to check out my system. I wanted Atmos before I had you guys over but Oh well.

I could show you all this Sotm sms-200 and after you all hear this thing you will never buy another cd. It really is that amazing. And I am just using generic cat 5e Ethernet cable and stock smps power supply. I guess it can get even better with cat 7 or 8 with all the extra sheilding. I can't imagine it being better than this.

I will explain a bit. The music is so real sounding. Like for instance on acoustic guitar when it is miked up and the person plucks the strings. You not only hear this. You actually feel it through your chest and your seat. When drums are playing you feel it. When a piano player hits a hammer you feel it. It is actually jaw dropping. Once I start listening I can't stop. It is so addicting. All of this and it never sounds harsh. It sounds so real.

I used to love listening to music in movies because to me it always sounded better than CD's or streaming through my computer. It just has a touch more smoothness to it. But after watching a movie now it is a huge let down compared to this little 450.00 streamer. It is hard to put it into words.

For instance, remember when I went to that high end show? I listened to the Dan D'agostino mono blocks with his preamp and the Wilson speakers. Remember how I said I starting actually crying because it sounded so good, and real? Well now I have that sound every day in my own house. With my equipment. It is a perfect match for my system. And I can't believe it only cost that much and that is with a year of Roon.

People all over the internet after hearing this or the microrendu are selling off high dollar CD players and music streamers.

I can't imagine what movies could sound like being played through one of these. It is the future, I guarantee it. My very good computer sounded like crap compared to this thing. Along with every other source component I have ever heard or owned.

I don't know what it is. It may be the sum of all my components along with my room. But I would never give it up. It is that good.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Ok, you are definitely going to need to explain how to set this up. I took a quick look at the device you said you are using but not in-depth. I currently stream Tidal Hi-Fi & Apple Music from my iPhone digitally to my Marantz AVR's DACs and it can sound pretty darn good.
When I stream CD-quality files digitally from my iPhone over Apple Play to my Denon AVR, they never sound as good as hearing the same files streamed from my home PC over WiFi to the AVR. They sound dynamically compressed. After I did the comparison, I gave up on Apple Play.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I have streamed through an oppo 105, my computer, and owned a Marantz na 6005, from wd my cloud. None of them has come within even 50% of this Sotm.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have no idea what a Sotm even is but now I need to look into it. I work Sundays till 4:30 but I'm in.

·
Banned
66 Posts
What seats did you end up with? I keep waffling.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

We found a nice 3 seat couch at Levin's......called Dynamo Reclining Sofa. Got the black one. We are replacing our two manual-recline loveseats in the living room with them, but we wanted to add extra seating so we have 3 of them ordered. They look like a traditional 3 seat sofa having only armrests on each end(with cup holders and touch button power controls) rather than having them in the middle, but there's a flip down table w/cup holders in the center seat's back cushion along with a flip up power station for AC and USB cords and 2 adjustable reading lights in the flip up headrest. It's a pretty slick design which also includes armrest storage compartments under pneumatically lifted arm cushions. We began our shopping day at XTend Technologies in Broadview to look at some demo Palliser & United Leather units they had discounted but were still way over our budget. If you must have those brands and have cash burning a hole in your pocket they are nice, however, we do not require top grain cowhide on our seats which seriously inflates the cost. We needed 3 of them so we made some budget cuts!

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
We found a nice 3 seat couch at Levin's......called Dynamo Reclining Sofa. Got the black one. We are replacing our two manual-recline loveseats in the living room with them, but we wanted to add extra seating so we have 3 of them ordered. They look like a traditional 3 seat sofa having only armrests on each end(with cup holders and touch button power controls) rather than having them in the middle, but there's a flip down table w/cup holders in the center seat's back cushion along with a flip up power station for AC and USB cords and 2 adjustable reading lights in the flip up headrest. It's a pretty slick design which also includes armrest storage compartments under pneumatically lifted arm cushions. We began our shopping day at XTend Technologies in Broadview to look at some demo Palliser & United Leather units they had discounted but were still way over our budget. If you must have those brands and have cash burning a hole in your pocket they are nice, however, we do not require top grain cowhide on our seats which seriously inflates the cost. We needed 3 of them so we made some budget cuts!
I got my Palliser power recline seats in the best leather and special order color at a steal. I bought them from direct buy when I got suckered into a membership. But I saved like 2000$. So the seats alone made up for the price of the membership.

I also got a great deal on my theater carpet because of a great price at direct buy.

Your seats sound like something I would want for my family room viewing. They sound really nice.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I got my Palliser power recline seats in the best leather and special order color at a steal. I bought them from direct buy when I got suckered into a membership. But I saved like 2000$. So the seats alone made up for the price of the membership.

I also got a great deal on my theater carpet because of a great price at direct buy.

Your seats sound like something I would want for my family room viewing. They sound really nice.

Sounds like you got a sweet deal! We actually found a similar couch to the one we bought at Northeast Factory Direct. We felt the one at Levin's actually seemed a bit higher quality though that could be the nice showroom influencing that perception, and we got a sweeter deal from Levin which surprised us. Either way, the "Durablend" leather will no doubt hold up better than the crappy microsuade we have now.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Ron, I must check out your Sotm setup. Did you spring for the battery power supply? Doubling the cost of the setup to add that seems crazy but the one reviewer swore by it.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Well I tried a power supply better than that battery supply and it did make a difference. But I didn't like the difference it made. It sounded harsh and under powered. It was on the lower side voltage wise. And to me it sounded like it.

I am going to get Sotm's new power supply when it comes out. If I don't like it I will send it back like I did the last one.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I guess I don't submit to expectation bias. I will give a product a fair chance. I tried the power supply for four days. And even on the last day, I had the same reaction every time I switched over. Mostly it just sounded flat and harsh. Lacking in any bass detail. I emailed the company and told them what I thought. They got right back to me. They told me they were shocked, but send it back for a full refund. So I did just that. Very good company to deal with.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Interesting. If it sounds as good as you say with the wall wart then save your money.

My wife made a comment under her breath last night while walking around with the main TV playing that we needed a 100" screen. Hmm. She likes to make remarks at times so maybe I will hear, but will blow it off if I press her as to what exactly she was saying.

Too much light at most times for a projector setup in the living room.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I have a Harmony remote that has been used about 5 times I will sell. I bought it about 6 months ago. It is a 200.00 remote. I will sell it for 50.00. I also have some nice Pangea brand spkr stands for the same price. If anyone is interested.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Greg, have you done anything with the remote you were talking about at one point?
Yes, I got the Savant. It has some neat features and looks and feels slick but to me it's overpriced for what it does. For instance you can not change inputs on your tv or receiver with it. It does however set the right inputs for activities such as watch a movie.

1201 - 1220 of 2465 Posts