AVS Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 2465 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Yes, I got the Savant. It has some neat features and looks and feels slick but to me it's overpriced for what it does. For instance you can not change inputs on your tv or receiver with it. It does however set the right inputs for activities such as watch a movie.

Gotcha. Home automation is nutty. My Harmony One does a decent job but it is only IR. My Direct TV box is RF, Bluray player is IR, TV is IR & Wi-Fi, Roku 4 is Wi-Fi, Denon X1000 AVR is IR & Wi-Fi. No wonder the guys who setup customized systems charge an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Saturday May 13, I have to go to the speedskating association meeting.
If I don't go, they will make me an officer.

Now that it's May I have lost control of calendar scheduling. Between working on the sailboat and the grand-kids sports games. Neither of which give me much advance warning, I never know what I'm doing until it happens.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Nice seats.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
A few pics of the new seating.
Very nice. I have a leather sofa that's worn out, but I expect to replace it with a cloth-covered sofa because it's less sound-reflective when not covered by human beings.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Thanks, they are nice and new.....for now!
My wife and I still habitually reach for the release lever on the side, which, of course, no longer exists. Also, I was accustomed to simply shifting my weight to recline and incline which is not possible now, but I like the power actuation which allows you to set the footrest at any position and will stay there. Also love the fact that there are no more extension cords & iPhone cords draped over or threaded through the couches!

·
Banned
66 Posts
Ron,
regarding the Sotm SMS-200......

I'd really like to hear how it sounds, but the only way to truly evaluate anything audio is in your own system. Without a reference point of what your setup sounded like before you installed the Sotm only you know the differences. Additionally, adding it to another person's system will sound differently than yours and most likely not produce the same sonics due to differences in the playback equipment chain, but most importantly, the room itself.

Would there be any way of you being able to bring the device to one's home and patching it in to their system so we could experience it in our own setups?

I don't know how involved a process it is to do something like that. You could tell me I'm crazier than [email protected] and that's fine!

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I read this the other day at work and couldn't get back to you. PM me with your address. I will tell you if you are crazier than you know what. If it isn't to far I would be willing to do that. But you might want to come check it out to see if you are even interested. I think you will be. And you could then check out my system. Just an informal visit. For maybe an hour would be good.

I need a uhd player. Will be getting an Oppo just don't know which one to get. I think this little device might make the 205 obsolete for me. But I still want it do to all the tech that is in it.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Wow! Looks nasty.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Yeah me too^

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Also interested in this. Also the UHZ 65

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Ward

I'm More excited about the Optoma UHD65 After I read some more reviews I am going to order one.

Rick
I am also interested in this projector

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ward

I'm More excited about the Optoma UHD65 After I read some more reviews I am going to order one.

Rick
Oh wow Rick. That certainly looks like it's worth a few hundred more for true 4k. I never expected an affordable 4k unit so soon. 2018 is gonna look great! Holler if you get one, I'll come over and enthusiastically validate your decision!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Greg,
I was curious to what the outcome was regarding those Musical Fidelity monoblocks?[/QUOTE

Music Direct agreed to send it in to the shop and give me 60 days once I get it back to decide. They had to order parts from the U.K. and the latest I heard was they were hoping to have the repairs complete this coming week. I sure hope it was worth all the trouble. Those new Optimas look promising. I'm sticking with 1080 for now. Recently had a deck built and going to order one of those motorized awnings so there goes my discretionary income.

1221 - 1240 of 2465 Posts