AVS Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 2465 Posts

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I had a stamped concrete patio built last year. Then had to buy a bunch of patio furniture. I know so well your discretionary income situation. We payed it all off in May thank God. That stuff is expensive.

Right now all my thoughts are on the Emotiva RMC1. It is stopping me from getting anything else at this point. If it doesn't come out this year I am going to be so bummed. I could get my over head speakers out of the way I guess. It is just so hard to buy them knowing I won't be able to use them until I get the new Processor.

Good luck on the amps. And definitely keep us posted on them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Thanks for the update Greg, I hope it proves to be worth your time.

No new purchases on my end other than having to replace the wall wart power supply for my Cambridge Audio iPhone dock that gave up the ghost.

While it was out of commission I took the opportunity to revisit a few CD's with my early 90's Yamaha 5-disc "Play-Xchange" unit that's still chugging along. No digital out on it, but its S-Bit DAC technology still sounds pretty good! (Picture grabbed from internet)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I fed my inner nerd with all new network gear from Ubiquity. 16 port switch, a gateway/router, ceiling mount AP's, cloud key remote interface, POE cameras. My old stuff was 15 yrs old & cobbled together over the years.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bonus! It all fits like OJ's glove into my original media box.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ward,
being somewhat in the dark on that tech what will that give you the ability to do? What's the ceiling mounted UFO for?:confused:
Hey, the UFO is my main floor wi-fi access antenna. It's powered by the 16 port ethernet switch, as are my security cameras. The big plus for going with Ubiquity pro gear is that all network items are run by the same operating system called Unifi. This makes it much easier to integrate everything together and to access it remotely via my phone. Also, I now have over 12 gig internal switching so now everyone can stream from netflix or plex at the same time and no bottlenecks or buffering even with 4 cameras recording. In short, it's much faster and much more refined interface than I've had in the past.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Well the parts came in and they should have repairs complete by week's end. Can't wait to get em hooked up and see what they got. I still have 60 days to decide if it was worth the trouble or if they are going back (once I get them back, hopefully early next week.) The things we do for the love of this hobby.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I can't wait to hear them. I am on vacation next week. So give me a buzz if you want.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well the parts came in and they should have repairs complete by week's end. Can't wait to get em hooked up and see what they got....
Jobu and I think they will be very strong like Indian's bats!

Reactions: g_bartman

·
Banned
66 Posts
Greg,
Since this thread is too quiet.......have you received the amps yet?

Back to our regularly scheduled doldrums!

P.S. I have been kind of bored this early summer so I am revising a ceiling-mounted electric pot rack lift I designed, built and had my contractor install last year during our 1st floor reno. The actuator I used is too slow and noisy so I ordered a replacement and have it at home, just waiting on the new brackets which I stupidly did not order at the same time.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yes, got them setup Monday evening. Incredible amps, I'm going to keep them. Got a co worker buying the Mac. The Mac is no slouch but the MF's are another level up, mostly in the hf and definitely in the lf range. Mids are pretty similar. The 700 vs 250 wpc is also very noticeable as it should be.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Can't wait to hear them. And maybe still do the amp shootout.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Glad it worked out after the miss cue you went through.

Yeah, that piddly 250 watt per channel Mac was REALLY lacking in dynamics!;)

(Oh, I seem to recall you commenting about the Mac when you first got it to tune of it would have to be pried from your cold, dead hands before it went anywhere?)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Glad it worked out after the miss cue you went through.

Yeah, that piddly 250 watt per channel Mac was REALLY lacking in dynamics!;)

(Oh, I seem to recall you commenting about the Mac when you first got it to tune of it would have to be pried from your cold, dead hands before it went anywhere?)
Guilty as charged. I honestly never thought I would ever replace it. Darn internet stores.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I have been tempted by Music Direct and the 36 month no interest financing several times in the last year. I have so far done a good job keeping from making huge purchases. Let's pray that I can continue to do so. My resistance is eroding.

Maybe I shouldn't come and listen to your amp's. Might be a dangerous thing.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have been tempted by Music Direct and the 36 month no interest financing several times in the last year. I have so far done a good job keeping from making huge purchases. Let's pray that I can continue to do so. My resistance is eroding.

Maybe I shouldn't come and listen to your amp's. Might be a dangerous thing.

The next month or so will be quite hectic. When things settle down, I set a side a time for anyone who wants to come over and check 'em out.

1241 - 1260 of 2465 Posts