AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to say Hello to everyone in the forum! And now for my dilemma I have. My Hitachi 61SWX10B was bought for $400 dollars which i thought was a great steal. I have a very good picture out of it but I have this purple tint to the screen. The lines are correct and they are where they are supposed to be but it just has this purple tint to it. I have done a magic focus on it, replaced the RCA cable connected to it and even reset it overnight by unplugging it. I don't know what else to do. If there is anymore help or advise that I can get from the forum please do so! Everything else seems to work fine on this TV but just can't this tint off of it. I am just about to call the repairman out to have a look at it but I am trying everything else before I do! Thank You in advance for the help and it is very appreicated!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Probably needs a grayscale adjustment. Turn the color level in the menu to zero and you should see a black & white picture, shades of gray only. You can calibrate it by eye to within about 90%, but to get the best color it needs a pro. Search for grayscale and screen controls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for the reply to my question and I will try what you are suggesting and iI will let you know how it comes out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts