AVS Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh /forum/post/21429109

It's a 90 minute movie with no extras. A BD-25 is more than enough room for Hellraiser.

While 90 minutes might be short, wouldn't putting 90-minute movies on a BD50 give more room for higher A/V bitrates, higher sampling frequencies, and more types of streams?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C /forum/post/21429187

While 90 minutes might be short, wouldn't putting 90-minute movies on a BD50 give more room for higher A/V bitrates, higher sampling frequencies, and more types of streams?

It's not going to give you a better presentation. Maybe more lossless dub's I suppose, but 25 GB is fine for a 90 minute movie (a very dark one at that) with no extras.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I realize this thread's been idle awhile, but the topic is still apropos and so it makes more sense to reawaken it than to start a new one. I very much like Hellraiser (own the LD and bought the Anchor Bay BD) and am curious about II (haven't seen it). Ran across Hellworld on SyFi Channel and it's clearly a different animal, but ordered the BD since it seemed a reasonable outing with decent picture and sound. My question is whether it really makes sense to purchase the Elite Hellraiser II BD over their DVD -- if only marginal improvement then I'm OK with the DVD. If my best bet is to find an AB DVD, then I'll look into that! TIA

101 - 104 of 104 Posts