Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Tonight during a movie, suddenly all red color in the picture disappeared, so I've looked in the lens, raster seemed to be turned very low, picture was slighty visible but very very dark

I've turned off pj and waited for a while, when I've turned it on again, redgun was fine for 30mn then problem occured again.

I'm experiencing flashing/blinking problems on my red and green guns since 6 monthes without finding a way to solve the problem

S-video input, never affected by blinking, is still fine, only RGB input seems to be involved

I've changed RGB-card and other boards on the pj and problem still here and now is worse than ever!!!

S.O.S !!!!!!

:confused: :confused:

regards

Bruno

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Hi,

To be clear, the problem still doesn't affect the s-video input?

When you say you changed the RGB input board do you mean you removed and replaced it or just re-seated it in another position?

Can the input boards for RGB and S-Video be swapped for position? This could yield a clue.

Good Luck,

Brian

Bonne Chance

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

Thank you for your answers

>To be clear, the problem still doesn't affect the s-video input?

yes

>When you say you changed the RGB input board do you mean >you removed and replaced it or just re-seated it in another >position?

I replaced it by another RGB board

>Can the input boards for RGB and S-Video be swapped for >position? This could yield a clue.

no way, and I can't feed pj with high frequency signal on s-video, because I've no pc video card with s-video output

Brian, thank you for your interest

Mooneyass, thanks, hope Curt will find something

thanks a lot

regards

Bruno

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Bruno,

If you say that the Projector is ok on the SVideo input,that pretty much clears the Red tube itself and much of the circuit back to the color decoder circuits.

A Dull Picture on the red tube alone, to me points towards low luminance drive to that tube (Red).

The path from the RGB input board may itself be faulty.(not the card itself if you have changed it to another unit).

Sometimes the socket these type of cards plug into can cause faults due to anything from dirty high resistance contacts to broken or intermittent connections at the rear of the socket.

Temperature can also play a major roll in these type of fault, hence the condition sometimes clears itself when switched of for a while.

I Would Suggest that you put the card into the other slot on the projector and see if that helps solve the problem, or maybe you could loosen the card just a fraction to allow a very small amount of movement (not enough for the card to disconnect) and "jiggle" it while the projector is running and see it that affects performance.

Also just a Warning........please be careful, take all the usual care with mains powered devices.

Cheers

John Harbor

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It's weird a little bit, that you experienced a different behaviour with different sources...

In any case, I'd push firmly the CRT socket board on the CRT... the problem that you described, normally happens due a faulty connection of the CRT socket with the cathode amplifier...

be careful to disconnect the voltage, for 1/2 hour prior to touch the CRT socket and the board... on that board there are several dangerous voltages, like the cathode, G2(!), G3(focus!!!) and so on...

just an opinion

Romano

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

thanks John & Rorox64

>I Would Suggest that you put the card into the other slot on the >projector and see if that helps solve the problem

yet done and no change

>you could loosen the card just a fraction to allow a very small >amount of movement (not enough for the card to disconnect) >and "jiggle" it while the projector is running and see it that >affects performance.

I'll try tonight

>It's weird a little bit, that you experienced a different behaviour >with different sources...

ohh yes!!! it's really weird

>In any case, I'd push firmly the CRT socket board on the CRT... >the problem that you described, normally happens due a faulty >connection of the CRT socket with the cathode amplifier...

I'll check this tonight

>be careful to disconnect the voltage, for 1/2 hour prior to touch >the CRT socket and the board... on that board there are several >dangerous voltages, like the cathode, G2(!), G3(focus!!!) and so >on...

ok, I must unplug the pj or unplug HT???

thank you very much for your help

regards

Bruno

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll try and get a circuit diagram........if I can I will look, and post you back any info can find.

John:cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey,

Just before I go......This may be a silly question but have you tried swapping the RGB input lead?.....also are you sure the RGB source itself is ok?

When the fault happens, try swapping the RGB input leads around and see if the fault follows the Red input lead?

John

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

John, thanks a lot, I'm very interested in having this diagram, thank you

For blinking problem leads are not involved, the problem seems to be localized between rgb board and just before ca(rg)/ca(b) boards

I'll check for the other problem

Thank you all!!!!

regards

Bruno

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.