AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new 46PZ80B today (UK model) and have been trying for the last several hours to display the signal from my HTPC. I've tried the HDMI cable in all 3 inputs as well as the VGA cable. Previously both cables were connected (and showing at the same time) on a 37" LCD TV at 720p, so I would assume at least one of them would work straight out of the box to the new one (and then I would set the output to 1080p, at which point only the HDMI would work).

I tried all HDMI inputs (as well as VGA), tried turning first the TV on, then the PC, but nothing shows at all, not even a flicker. Pure black screen. What's also annoying is that although I set it up to go to AV when it's switched on, it still goes to TV mode and prompts me for the auto-setup of DVB services every time! So I select AV mode again, then HDMI, then turn the PC on and nothing shows at all. I don't have any other HDMI devices to try the inputs. I tried an SD card, just to make sure that TV works at all (I don't have an antenna so I can't test actual TV), and the SD card works.

I have also connected the old monitor via VGA and have the PC at clone mode and trying various combinations to make something appear on the Panny, but 100% unsuccessfully so far.

I even tried a laptop, actually the same laptop (and the same VGA cable) that I used to try the screen at the store the other day. It wasn't EXACTLY the same TV model but I connected it to (it was a 50PZ81B I think) but if it worked with one, it should work the same way with the other.

I now think that either I got a faulty set or there's some secret setting to "unlock" the AV inputs (VGA and HDMI). Perhaps in the service menu?

Anybody seen this before? Btw, this is not the 10 times blinking light problem mentioned elsewhere in the forum. The TV stays one, it just shows a black screen with the "HDMI" text on the upper left.

Please help! thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holding down the volume down key on the TV and pressing info once on the remote does a self check and displays a message: "self check failed" and below: "adv ng" (see attachment). Does this mean it's a faulty set?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDragon /forum/post/15456195

Maybe your Video Card doesn't support the higher Resolution of that HDTV?!?!?!

The video card (ATI HD 2600 XT 256MB) definitely supports 1080p. And even then, the TV doesn't even show lower resolutions (I tried even 640x480 to be sure).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts