AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my unit is BROKE. I can ONLY get sound out of the DVD source with multi-direct 8. All other sources in both analog and digital do not output anything. Even variable direct 8 does not work. All other analog outputs from VCR, TV, tape and even my digital output from DVD player do not play ANY sound. Even the auto-calibration does not play any sound?? I have tried to reset the unit and still nothing. Only the multi direct 8 outputs sound. Any ideas?

·
Registered
761 Posts
First, have you gone throught the set up and assigned your digital inputs to your sources in the on screen menu? Secondly, is the signal select on auto and if not make it so by hitting the signal select button? Or if using analog make sure signal select is set to auto or analog. Hopefully that is your problem. Have you tried Multi adjust and does that work?

Hope these steps work.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daniel,

digital input on setup on DVD. All other digital inputs set to "off". Therefore any other source besides the dvd defaults to analog and can not be switched.

multi adjust does not output any sound either! the only time I can get sound out of the unit is with multi direct.

When I tried to recalibrate the channel levels, even then there was NO output for the mic to calibrate NOR sound for channel levels.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Damn that doesn't sound good. Did it use to work and then suddenly stop working? Multi adjust is the mode that you use if you want to apply BM and TA or MCACC to the Multi Ch inputs just hit the Multi-ch button twice and it will select multi adjust.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daniel,

looks like a bad chip somewhere since I do get sound out of the direct multi-channel input at least the amps are not bad. Just no sound out of the variable multi-channel nor any other surround field from any input device. Took the unit to a pioneer service center this morning.....any chance they could give me a new "i" version since mine is the regular TX?

·
Registered
761 Posts
They probably still have a 49TX lying around and if they decide not to fix they'd probably give you that instead. I did hear about somebody who had a 26TX and had a DSP board problem and instead of fixing it they gave him a 45TX, now that was a good deal.

Daniel Smith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.