AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP! 4k 60hz issues with F9000

So I have been searching the forums, and while I found people with the same issue I have yet to find a solution. My eyes are getting sore from reading so many posts, so I am going to ask and see if anyone can help!

Issue:

- Poor 4K 60hz performance. Juddering during fast movements

Equipment

-4k Cable Box Arris VIP5662W, with high speed HDMI 2.0 Cable
-Samsung UN65F9000 with SEK-3500u Evolution box

Symptoms:
- Any 4K 60Hz source looks terrible. YouTube/HDMI source. The YouTube videos judder so bad it's not watchable, and the HDMI source "skips" frames

Solutions:
- I have not found any.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kevin,

I have searched through the posts regarding this issue was well. I even reached out to a few of the people here with the issue, but have not heard back from them.

I called Samsung Remote Management and guided them through the issue as they looked at my TV settings, and they told me that even though the SEK-3500 can produce [email protected], the F9000 can only do [email protected], hence the Auto Motion Plus is set to Standard and disabled. I was also told this information is found in the manual, though I do not see this listed anywhere.

I find it hard that this is the answer, but at the same time this is 2013 tv, maybe that early on it was only built to 4k30 (which is fine for 24p movies).

I have enjoyed the tv (after wincing at the expensive one connect boxes), and this is the exception - and a major one, as you have also experienced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts