AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I set the G2 screens my 6PG / GE601? I have a scope, multimeter, video essentials DVD (PC DVD set up) and 6PG service manual. But as far as I can see I would need a colourimeter to do a complete set up (though I have a post on using silicon cell instead), and the overall procedure seems horrendously involved. All I want to do is set / check the G2 screen setting to make sure I have the max sharpness without cathode wear. As far as I know all other relevant pots are as factory set. TIA. Clive.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Clive,

You don't need to worry about the cathodes being unhappy. If they were, you'd know it.

The service amnual isn' very clear on setting the G2's, but the way I'd do it is set the user brightness control at 50 and user contrast control at 75, set the red, green and blue black levels at 50 (under the White Balance menu), display a black field (the pluge pattern will do, but a black field is easier), and set the individual G2's for no light output. Then go back to the black and white level controls in the White Balance menu, put up a 10 step grayscale, and adjust the black levels for a neutral gray and the white levels for a neutral white. You may have to defocus the blue tube electronically a bit (use best focus and go positive on the scale) for the best looking white.

Chuck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.