AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Logitech Z-5500's for 2 years and now I have a chance to upgrade.

I think I'm going to get the Denon AVR-2807 and I have 2k max for a 7.1 setup (speakers and sub)

What is the best sound I can get for what I have to spend?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ascend Acoustics plus a HSU or SVS sub would work well.

340SE L/C/R plus HTM-200 surrounds would run about $1400 shipped with stands for the fronts. Leaving you around $500-600 which could get you a HSU VTF2.3 or SVS PB12. There are other options that would hit your price market but these options are usually thought of as the best bang for the buck systems in their price range. Good luck.

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there much difference between the CBM-170 and HTM-200?

Could you use either type for surround or is one better suited for the job?

And pardon my ignorance but I haven't heard of the HSU VTF2.3 or SVS PB12. Which one is better?

·
Registered
474 Posts
The 170's are slightly larger and are ported. I think you would get better bass response from them. The HTM-200's are sealed and are more suitable for placing on a rear bookshelf or mounting inside of a column.

Either will work for surrounds. Ascend has packages that include them both.

Between the two subs - you are going to find a lot of debate. Its personal preference and I understand both match up pretty well with the Ascends. Craigsub has done some comparisons. Look for his thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.