AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm hoping some one here can help me setup my a Denon AVR 1600 that I just got off of craigslist. I searched and couldn't find an official thread for the 1600 series, so I'm hoping this is the right place to post.

My primary problem is that I'm having trouble sending signals from the receiver to the center & sub. I can only hear the sub when I turn off all the other speakers and blast the volume. Even then, it's very faint. I cannot get any response from the center under any condition. The front speakers work fine though.

My setup is as follows:
  • Fronts - Rti4s
  • Surrounds Tsi100s
  • Center CS10
  • Sub - Jensen JP10sw (this is just a hold over until I can get a real sub) connected via: receiver > single rca > rca splitter (Y) > sub
  • Optical input from pc, set to DVD on the receiver
  • System setup as: Front - small, Center - small, Surrounds - small, Subwoofer - Yes, LFE - 0db
  • I've tried them all, including matrix, jazz club, pro logic, etc. They all work for the fronts, but not the sub or center.

Additionally, while I cannot get any response from the center, I have tried turning the volume way up on the sub and when I really blast it, I do hear a faint response from the sub.

Unfortunately the denon did not come with a manual and I have been struggling mightily to set it up.

Also I have scoured the internet for a manual for the 1600 and for the life of me I cannot find it. If anyone has a copy can you please PM me or post it here?

Any help is much appreciated!

Eric

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I forgot to mention, I checked both the center and sub individually (the center by connecting it to the front L jack on the receiver, and the sub by connecting it like this: iPhone>3.5mm to RCA adapter>sub), and both work fine.

So somehow I'm doing something wrong w/ the receiver.

·
Premium Member
93,271 Posts
Not surprising there is no readily available information on this unit as it is about 14 years old. The first unit in this series that Denon still posts the Owner's manual for is the 1602 so you may want to try downloading that and see if that is helpful to you.

http://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/pages/instructionmanual.aspx

In it, it lists the microprocessor reset procedure below which you may want to try. If still no joy, I'd return it to the seller as defective.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey JDSsmoothie - thanks for the quick reply!

I just tried this a few times but no luck. Looks like they changed the reset procedure since the 1602. I'm going to see if the seller has the manual.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts