AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've had a projector Ive wanted to do CIH. Can I do a set up with what I have? Im using a JVC hx2 projector and my xbox 360 to stream my movies to it at 720p. I'm on a budget and I know I can only do 720p with my projector. Will it even be worth it? Would my best bet be to try a diy with prisms?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hey "movinfast",

Do you have a screen already ? If you live west of the Rockies, Home Depot sells an 8' x 4' wallboard that makes a wonderful screen for less than $20 (see the Do-Able thread in the DIY Screen forum for tons of info). I live in the eastern US, so I can get such a wonderful thing.

May I encourage you to do a 2.35:1 screen from the start?

Go with what you have & enjoy till you have a larger budget to move up to 1080p PJ.

Good luck on your quest, I'm sure others will post in soon.

John

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just shooting onto a white wall for now. Home Depot has Do-Able board here but I'm waiting to see if I can get it all working before the screen. Hence just the white wall. My problem is I can't figure out how to stretch the 16:9 image like I need to, to be able to use a lens. Can anyone help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.