AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some older speakers my bro gave me but am wondering if they are magnetically sheided.

the models are:

RE-6C & LS-5

To me, they sound great working off an old JVC receiver but I am upgrading & wondering if these are still good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the RE-6C was made as a center channel speaker, and should be shielded. ( the " C " implies center )

I have 5 LS-6Cs and they are shielded.

My bro has the LS-5s and he says the are shielded.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the response!

how old are these speakers? I went to several stores & none of the salespersons knew a thing about these.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure about the RE series speakers, but tons of the LS series were available last year on E-Bay. I bought my LS 6 Cs for my bedroom last year, and my brother bought, 2 LS 10s, 2 LS 8s, and 2 LS 5s.

I suspect, they were close outs, due to the amount of auctions.

You might try CV's web site for discontinued model info.

That is where we found info on them at the time.

Good luck,

Steve.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My home theater is based on cerwins, have had them for several years (not sure what models, but the large 350-420watt, Ls--15s maybe, with huge subwoofers).

the center cerwin is shielded, but my large floor standing are not. i have placed a tv on one of them before and noticed the color distortion.

if you keep your distance, you should be ok, but my guess is that yours are not, if they are the large floor jobs like mine. i could be wrong.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LS5's are shielded, says on the speaker. the RE6c's doesnt mention being shielded (?!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.