AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a few threads on here regarding my situation and have yet to receive a response

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I have a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 5i's that I bought about 6-7 years ago along with an HSU sub; a simple 2.1 setup.

I'm reasonably happy with the speakers but would now like to add a center and surrounds.

Finding matching speakers for the MA's is proving to be very difficult given their age.

I was initially thinking of starting over (at first with fronts and center and adding the rears later) but have now realized that my current budget for the 3 speakers(about $500.00) would mean getting a much lower quality speaker than my current MA's (which listed for $1,000).

How do I best add a center and then surrounds?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonvolt10 /forum/post/0

I've posted a few threads on here regarding my situation and have yet to receive a response

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I have a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 5i's that I bought about 6-7 years ago along with an HSU sub; a simple 2.1 setup.

I'm reasonably happy with the speakers but would now like to add a center and surrounds.

Finding matching speakers for the MA's is proving to be very difficult given their age.

I was initially thinking of starting over (at first with fronts and center and adding the rears later) but have now realized that my current budget for the 3 speakers(about $500.00) would mean getting a much lower quality speaker than my current MA's (which listed for $1,000).

How do I best add a center and then surrounds?

Thanks

Have you tried contacting Monitor Audio and asking their opinion? Nothing in the current Silver series would timbre match?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.