AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 73 mitsubishi 3d ready tv, and a ps3 hooked thru the 3d box into the tv all was good, added an old receiver but it didn't do 3d video passthru.

In the process of upgrading a few things, still have the ps3/3dbox and also bought a 3d dvd player and have a directv hd dvr box all 3 are hdmi and all 3 support 3d offerings. I have a set of energy take classic 5.1 speakers so basically I am ready to go except a new receiver to make this all work.

I have not upgraded the receiver yet, looking at the denon 1712 for all i need and room to add 7.1 later if i want to, and I know I have to look for something that allows 3d passthru and minimum 5.1 sound, with at least 4 hdmi inputs in case i did want to add anything else like a pc etc.

In terms of the 3d box, so far I have only had it hooked direct ps3/3dbox/tv, my question is do I put each 3d item direct into the receiver, then on the output line to the tv add the 3d box inline?

so

Directv HD 3d dvr into receiver hdmi port 1

Panasonic 3d dvd player into receiver hdmi port 2

ps3 into receiver hdmi port 3

then receiver output hdmi to the 3d box then finally to the tv?

Hope this makes sense... Just never have hooked anything up receiver and 3d and multiple items yet...

Can't wait to get my last piece of the puzzle (receiver) and start using all this stuff.

Bill

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply on that, the 1712 looks like a decent marriage of budget vs features for my setup at least, and as for the 3d box, seems to me that is the only way it would work on all 3 devices (between receiver out and tv in) but wanted to ask cuz im new to all this.

bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.