AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a aspiring film-maker videographer and still Green at this so if I say something really stupid don't backhand me.

I bought a Canon XL1s Mini DV Camcorder with less than 200 hrs. on Police Auctions .com in 2004 and didn't use it much at all before I left to go to work in Kuwait. I ended up selling it on EBay and got a tad more for it than what I invested in it.

I've been looking at Pre-Owned Digital HDV 1080i Video Cameras from Sony, Canon, and Panasonic. I think I would prefer a camcorder that records on SD, and SDHC memory cards & or maybe on both SD & mini DV.. I wont be needing a 20 X Optical zoom, can probably get by with a 10 X as most everything will be close up.

Leaning towards Sony brand as they've been in the business since dirt...

Told to look for a camcorder that utilizes built in XLR ports is better ? Pro's & Cons ?

My budget is $ 1000.00 +/- .....

I'm shooting indoors, under fluorescent or LED type lighting, there are some low light situations as well.

I've been looking on Ebay, Amazon & a few Pre-Owned Cam/Video dealers at the different models...

Suggestions ? Take some classes...?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Used AG-HMC150 will be about $1K on eBay.

If you don't need XLR and lots of buttons, than any top-range 5-7 year old consumer camcorder will do, and will run about $300-350 on eBay.

P.S. 10 years passed and you are still green and don't know whether you need XLR?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts