AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've staged and tweaked my MCE machine and I'm finally ready to connect to my den TV which is a Pioneer Elite RPTV that displays 480P and 1080i. It has a an RGB / VGA input that accepts 60mhz and 1080i resolution.

I have an 7950GT video card with dual DVI / Analog outputs. I've tried using the NVidia control panel to figure out how to configure for this TV, but I'm totally stumped.

Am I missing something? All I get on the screen is gibresh and somethnig is clearly not synching properly. BTW as the computer boots up, it displays the WIndows Logo and OS comments just fine.

Help!!!

-bradesp

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you are seeing the windows bootup screen fine, but nothing else is correct, then it has to be a setting in the Nvidia control panel. Make sure you have the correct refresh rate (60Hz on mine connected to my Samsung DLP) and resolution settings. Perhaps when you had the PC connected to a standard monitor, it is still using those settings.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I clearly have no idea what I'm doing :=(

I've fiound the custom timings and resolution configurations on the NVidia PureVideo panel and for the life of me can't seem to input a set of timings or resolutions that results in the PC and TV talking to each other correctly. All that will display is a smeared set of colors, but nothing you can really make out.

This is an analog HDTV RPTV which accepts 480p or 1080i on the VGA input. At 1080i the Horizontal Frequency is 33.75kHz and 60Hz on the Vertical.

HELP before I blow up my tv... sigh..

-brad

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
1080i is 1920x1080 at 30 hz not 60hz. With my radeons I have to go into radeon control panel and enable HDTV modes before 30hz is an option, you may find a similar thing.

Troy

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Most HDTVs do not accept interlaced video other then 480i throuhg their vga inputs since the VGA interface was designed for PC monitors which are progressive scan. They do normally accept 480i over VGA as this the default resolution of almost all graphics card before Windows assumes control and starts using a different resollution.

The analog connection from your graphics card maybe fore YPrPb commponent otherwise called HDTV-Out and not RGB component which is part of the VGA interface spec. It is confusing because the two different component interfaces use the same cables normally having R,G and B RCA connectors.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, So I'm goint to punt and use a DVI to Component Cable.

It's still not clear to me how to make this work... Can someone familiar with NVidia Cards (7950GT in particular) help me understand how to configure Nvidia drivers to to allow me to drive an HDTV display through component inputs ?

Thanks a million... I thought this would be straight forward, but obviously not...

-bradesp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.