AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Airboard and the original Marantz RC 2ooo Mark I. Based on a read of the archives, there seems to be problems in getting this combo to work.

Does anyone have past experience with getting these working in some form? Any tips/hints/alternatives or deepest condolences accepted.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Is the Marantz remote similar to the Pronto? If so, do a search for Pronto and you'll find a couple of the guys here have .ccf files with the Airboard IR codes. If its different, then perhaps you know someone who has a Pronto and can download the codes and then program them into your remote.

I think it all depends on the # of codes per button your remote can handle. If its more than one, you may be able to get it to work.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have the RC2000 MKII and use both with no problem. Are you referring to learning hotkey combos into the remote from the Airboard? This can be a little tricky and does take some patience. It's a matter of hitting the keys with the right timing to get the proper down and up strokes programmed in. Trial and error will usually prevail.

I finally decided to get an IRMan and use Girder for the fancy stuff. However, this is where you have to be careful and use the true RC5 codes that come in the remote by default. IRMan can trip up on other codes you may have already learned into the keys, so these would not be good to use with Girder. You can also get tripped up if you have competing codes between the 2 receivers.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blipszyc - The RC2000 is not like a Pronto in that it does not have a touch screen and is quite different than the RC5000 which is similar to the Pronto.

Cary P - My understanding is the RC2000 MkII does work with the Airboard as you state. I think the problem is with the Mk I and the Airboard: maybe both learning Airboard codes as well as having the Airboard IR receiver understand the transmitted RC2000 IR codes.

What I am trying to determine the level of basic functionality that works with these two units (MK I and Airboard).

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Marantz RC2000 mkI, and also a Marantz RC5000

the one that is similar to the pronto.

I have managed to learn my rc5000 my Philps ir keyboard

keys but I have not been able to do this with my RC2000.

I think that the RC2000 mkII has a wider frequency range

than the mkI and that's why you can't do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.