AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new triple LNB dish to replace my old single LNB (part of my HDTV upgrade). Last night I spent several hours trying to align the dish. It seems I can get a nearly perfect signal on each individual satellite, but not all three together – not even close.

I thought this would be easy…can anyone offer some advise?

Thank you,

·
Registered
757 Posts
What receiver are you using? Most receivers have a guided setup for the dish. In this guided setup, you enter your zip code, and the receiver tells you the azimuth, tilt, and elevation you need to align your dish.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Two recommendations:

1) make sure the mounting pole is completely plumb in all directions.

2) set the tilt, and do not adjust it until you have at least two sats perfect. Then, you might try adjusting tilt for fine tuning.

I had a single LNB dish and switched to the dual LNB (finally adding Sat C a year later). I thought it was considerable harder to find Sat A than it had been with the single LNB dish, and eventually brought my receiver and a small portable TV outside with me to the antenna site to tweak it directly. After finding Sat A, though, having the pole plumb, etc. finding sat B and fine tuning was a piece of cake. When the Sat C kit came, I didn't have to do any further tweaking to get it.

I wonder if you are really "getting a perfect signal on each individual satellite." You may be getting the same satellite with different LNBs as you move the dish. Bringing the receiver out with you can make it much simpler.

SMK

·
Registered
149 Posts
I installed 12 tri LnB's in the past month and I know how you feel. Try using a signal meter. Your HD Reciever should have one built into the installation menu somewhere. That's the your best bet.

~=)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same experience until I figured out to get the tilt right. If you have a good lock on one satellite, tilting the dish should bring all three into quick alignment. You are on the right spot, so moving up and down or side to side aren't necessary. Just tilt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.