AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I'm in desperate need of help. My problem is that I have the Alpine 9833 deck, it's a 2004 model, and I recently purchased the Sirius adapter for it. I installed everything today and for some reason my deck isn't detecting the tuner. I've checked and rechecked the tuner's connection and everything is correct. I placed the tuner in the floorboard near the center console, hidden under the carpet. I grounded the ground wire and ran the power wire to the power designated on my deck's wiring harness (yellow). The tuner is getting power, the deck just won't detect it. It seems to be the Ai-NET cable or something to do with either the input on my deck or the output on the tuner.


Has anyone ran into this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.


-Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEsh
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I'm in desperate need of help. My problem is that I have the Alpine 9833 deck, it's a 2004 model, and I recently purchased the Sirius adapter for it. I installed everything today and for some reason my deck isn't detecting the tuner. I've checked and rechecked the tuner's connection and everything is correct. I placed the tuner in the floorboard near the center console, hidden under the carpet. I grounded the ground wire and ran the power wire to the power designated on my deck's wiring harness (yellow). The tuner is getting power, the deck just won't detect it. It seems to be the Ai-NET cable or something to do with either the input on my deck or the output on the tuner.


Has anyone ran into this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.


-Ben
I'm having this EXACT problem right now with a new CDA-9857 unit...it's driving me crazy. Anyone with info? It'd be appreciated!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
I'm not sure how the Ai-Net works with Alpine decks, but I thought all you had to do was connect the unit to the Ai-Net where the deck would supply power and ground it. Is there a remote turn on at all?


Be sure you connected the OUTPUT of the tuner into the Ai-Net INPUT of the deck... I did it backwards on my SIR-PNR1 and I got no sound until I switched it to how its suppose to be connected.


Its also possible both of you got defective units..... I'm on my 2nd PNR1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
I'm not sure how the Ai-Net works with Alpine decks, but I thought all you had to do was connect the unit to the Ai-Net where the deck would supply power and ground it. Is there a remote turn on at all?


Be sure you connected the OUTPUT of the tuner into the Ai-Net INPUT of the deck... I did it backwards on my SIR-PNR1 and I got no sound until I switched it to how its suppose to be connected.


Its also possible both of you got defective units..... I'm on my 2nd PNR1
I just found out that my problem MAY be that I have an asian head unit (although, I don't know why that would make a difference since the SIRIUS decoding is happening inside the tuner box), so I'm just going to try resetting the unit tonight, and if that's no good, I will have to assume it's an incompatibility between the asian HU, and the US sirius tuner.


(grrrrr...damn ebay! I had no idea it was an asian unit)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
I have an alpine HU that as the XM ready on it and i use the ai-net port with no problem. Does it say SAT radio on it? If it does your good to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil
I have an alpine HU that as the XM ready on it and i use the ai-net port with no problem. Does it say SAT radio on it? If it does your good to go.
That's what I don't understand...the unit does say SAT ready on it, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to be recognized. My only course of action at this point is to assume it's because the head unit is asian, and I'll have to return it.


I'll just have to wait until this deck shows up available in north america.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6869
I'm having this EXACT problem right now with a new CDA-9857 unit...it's driving me crazy. Anyone with info? It'd be appreciated!?
hi, im thinking about getting this combo (SIRIUS SIR-ALP1 and the 9857). how is the display when you listen to sirius radio? do you have the artist and song title displayed at the same time...can you post some pictures? i was told that the SIRIUS SIR-ALP1 only allows one line of text to be displayed, even though the 9857 is capable of 2 lines of text.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top