AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It figures. My 4600 has been working perfectly, and I was watching it last night. Now nothing. It will not power up, no LCD display, fuses all OK, tried another remote, and power cord. The only thing I see is that if I leave it sit in the off position, the the lights in the room will flicker when I hit the toggle switch, (normal), but still no go. Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks, Don

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Open the cover and see if at least one or more lights are on on the CPU board.

Curt

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Don,

Just a stab in the dark, but try to enter "900
Code:
". The system could have gotten into the "Quiet" mode which tells it to ignore any remote commands.

Ray

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. No lights on at all Curt, and Ray I did try a 900 code. Good idea though. Thanks, Don

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Man! Of all the days of the year! Feel for you.:mad:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The timing is perfect. Now I have a projector that wants to show me who wears the pants in the house. Great! Don

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Yeah,

It's always a bummer to have a broken pj but.. you can go to a bar and still see the superbowl on a big screen. In my area there is a bar that advertized a 12 foot by 9 foot screen.

-Brian

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was on my way to the bar, but realized that my RCA direct view has been sitting downstairs shoved in a corner. Pulled that into the middle of the room. Not Hi Def, but it looks OK. Of course a castor on the stand broke, (had spares so I got to change a tire on my TV), and can't get the S video input to work, but I have a picture & a beer, so I am happy. Love this hobbie, Happy Superbowl, Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.