AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week after all the programming had been done on my 2 mo. old AMX PANJA 6" color touchscreen ( model VPT-CP), it is now DOA!

The new 6 mo. old Golden Retriever, according to the 19 yr old (?) ran between the sofa and loveseat under the lamp table, caught the docking station cord and pulled the display off the table down onto the floor!

As I write this and look at it with tears, inside under the top plastic cover there are large "floating pieces" of what used to be the LCD color screen!

There is another VPT-CP on EBAY selling in two days, the only one! Current pricing on the auction is around $500. Should I jump on this or is there a chance AMX can fix this for $500 or less? The unit does power up, no functions now work, and as I said large pieces inside float around under the top layer of plastic. This unit normally retails for around $1,600. I'm worried the repair cost might exceed what I could buy the other one at auction on Ebay.

Thank you,

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
The last time I sent a Viewpoint back to AMX for repair of a broken LCD it was less than $400 and they replaced the entire LCD. I would give them a call. 800-222-0193. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.