AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here RECENTLY purchased a Denon 3803 (AVR-3803)? Or have a really good memory.)

I just purchased one from an AUTHORIZED dealer and am VERY suspicious of the packaging, and am worried this is a floor model, return, etc.

Can someone/anyone verify any of the following:

1. What type of tape was used to seal the box? (Brown packaging, clear, etc)
  2. Did the remote-control LCD and/or the front panel of the unit have that clear film/plastic covering it?
  3. Was the manual packaged in a VERY thin plastic with the ends simply taped down?
  4. Same for the remote, although the bag was a little thicker?
  5. How was the reciever itself packaged? Mine is wrapped in that "white-styrofoamy" stuff with narrow brown masking tape "sealing" it.[/list=1] Also, the manual and remote were packaged togther in that same thin plastic taped bag, and then there is a strip of brown masking tape accross the middle of the bag, apparently top hold to the top of the receiver.

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!! I really need to find out before I go back to the dealer with my suspicions. Thanks!

TIA!

-Tim

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, it doesn't HAVE to be a 3803 ... pretty much any Denon receiver. I would think they would ALL be packaged the same, eh?

Obviously a 3803 purchaser would be ideal for an absolute comparison, but beggars can't be choosers. ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I bought a 3300 AVR a couple of years ago so my memory is a bit foggy. However, I don't remember any brown tape, masking or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
This appears to be fairly typical Denon packaging. Were the batteries in the bag with the remote? Were the batteries "shrink-wrapped" together?

Was the warranty information in a white envelope attached to the box with a serial number evident?

All of your detail regarding the packaging represent standard Denon packaging for most of the products I have seen/installed from Denon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.