AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the Jamo 606 speaker set from Vanns and also fro0und a great deal on the RS-52 at best buy. I bought the RS-52 at best buy for $30.00 on clearance.

My questions are:

1. Would it be a good idea to connect the speaker to my current surround system? Would it over power the rest of the speakers?

2. The Jamo 606 are 6 Ohms and the RS-52 is a 8 OHM. Will it create a problem?

3. I was only able to purchase 1 speaker, will a 6.1 sound system be ok? If i was to place the speaker, would i place it directly behind me?

If it wont work with my system, I'm sure i can sell it for what i paid.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucio
I recently bought the Jamo 606 speaker set from Vanns and also fro0und a great deal on the RS-52 at best buy. I bought the RS-52 at best buy for $30.00 on clearance.

My questions are:

1. Would it be a good idea to connect the speaker to my current surround system? Would it over power the rest of the speakers?

2. The Jamo 606 are 6 Ohms and the RS-52 is a 8 OHM. Will it create a problem?

3. I was only able to purchase 1 speaker, will a 6.1 sound system be ok? If i was to place the speaker, would i place it directly behind me?

If it wont work with my system, I'm sure i can sell it for what i paid.
1. Yes good idea. No it will not over power with auto calibration.

2. No

3. Yes 6.1 is ok... Place speaker equal distance between side surrounds and behind you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The manual states to place the speaker 5-7 ft from the ground; however, I have my sides at approximately 3 ft (ear level.) Should i follow the manual (to prevent localization,) or can i place it at ear level?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.