AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Team,

I've had my new Samsung UN60HU8550 for a few weeks. Some channels have a line across the bottom of the screen that flickers. I can work around the problem by using the "Screen Fit" setting and moving the entire picture down to hide the line.

It doesn't happen on every channel and sometimes the line is gone for a while then reappears. I have attached a picture of the issue. Is this a known problem? My older UN60F7100 did NOT do this.

Please let me know if there is any other way to work around this problem or if my TV has a problem with my cable box signal.

IMG_4064.JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any insights from you experts would help a lot.

Is my TV having an issue or perhaps a setting besides moving the picture that would help?

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
Any insights from you experts would help a lot.

Is my TV having an issue or perhaps a setting besides moving the picture that would help?
What you're seeing is not a problem. It's normal to see that from time to time on some channels when your TV is set to Screen Fit. If you don't want to see it then set your set for 16:9, and the TV will automatically expand the entire image a bit so that any effects from underscan will be hidden from view.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Understood.

I was just curious as to why my un60f7100 and my un55f6000 do NOT have this happen on screen fit.

Is this something with the 4k upscaling?

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
Nothing to do with 4k. Just that some TV's you may see it, and some TV's you may not. I see it sometimes on my 65F8000, but I usually see it at the top of the screen. Somtimes I see it on my other TV's also. Like I said, if you never want to see it use the 16:9 mode. But you'll lose a little bit of the image off each edge of the screen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help WS..

I tried the 16:9 but I feel I lose a bit of image quality so I guess I'll just deal with it. Other than that the HU8550 is a pretty good set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts