AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow HTPC users,

I am currently experiencing frequent drops in the audio from my HTPC to my LCD tv via HDMI. My HTPC setup is vista 32bit, C2D e6600, msi mobo, HD2600xt DVI>HDMI adapter to Samsung 4671 and using the TV's speakers for audio. This is a bedroom setup so I have no intentions of using a receiver and surround sound speakers for it as I already have that for another TV in the family room.

I've updated all the latest vista drivers etc but for some reason I'll perform normal tasks like watch a movie, watch streaming videos, play a pc game and the audio would just drop. I check the sound properties and everything is enabled and the equalizer meter even moves up and down when something is playing but no audio coming from the TV speakers. The problem is fixed when you log out of the user, hibernate in and out, or restart the computer but that is getting really annoying.

Is this a common problem? Could it be vista? Could getting sound through HDMI using the TV speakers be the problem? Please help. Im willing to drop down to XP if vista is the problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
do you have multiple sound options enabled? (analog/spdif)

what are you using to decode the sound? (ffdshow, ac3filter, etc)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme /forum/post/13005576

do you have multiple sound options enabled? (analog/spdif)

what are you using to decode the sound? (ffdshow, ac3filter, etc)

i just have the audio through hdmi enabled and set as default. i watch movies with mpc and powerdvd using ffdshow to decode sound.

it works fine initially. i'll watch a movie, then sign into warcraft to play for a bit, or play call of duty, then do some other random general things, then the sound disappears. weirdness

/bump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts