AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this receive for over a year now with no issues, great product. I noticed yesterday that when a connection via HDMI that would traditionally display audio type on front of receiver but has stopped working. I have had the same audio issue coming from multiple sources Bluray, Satellite, or DVD all connected via separate HDMI cables.

This feature used to work fine for over a year, it just stopped working. The Denon used to display the source it was receiving (DTS-HD, True-HD, Dolby Digital, etc.) depending on what type of signal it was receiving. I still get sound, but the Denon will now only display its own audio setting. I cant get the actual source to play or display.

I have ensured all sources are set to bitstream or PCM sending audio to deceiver (Bluray, satellite, DVD) all connected via designated HDMI ports on back of Denon.

Denon is set to auto' for Input Mode & Decode mode, to play Multi CH-IN and play/display audio type.

When pressing Standard' button on Denon remote to get to the Multi CH-IN, it will not appear and I only have options for Pro II or DTS Neo. I cannot seem to get the actual source anymore (DTS-HD, True-HD, Dolby Digital) all I can get is the decoders.

Has anyone else had this issue, any ideas how to fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, the AMP assignment is correct. I did find the issue to resolve. Had to reset systems microprocessor which worked fine (turn off unit, hold standby button with surround buttons). Once rebooted I had to reprogram everything, but glad to see it's working as it should again fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.